My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Compass Latitude
63 Posts
Looking good! Love the look of that bull bar, would love that but w.o the light bar.

How did you wire up your light bar?

I put on my curved RC 40in few weekends ago but not sure where to run the relay. Wiring could be slightly longer to reach a better spot farther away from the engine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Alrighty, I tried to get the best angles I could for this, but I'm not sure how helpful they'll actually be. I'm sure it would be infinitely easier to see the wire path from the engine compartment through the door and into the interior if I had the wheel well out (as I did when installing), but that's wayyyy more effort than I have the motivation for at the moment, haha.

If you have any specific Q's about these, let me know (y)
Yes this is exactly what I was looking for! I wasn't quite sure where to mount the relay and where to run the wires after that. I was able to get mine through the firewall after a bit of finagling using metal skewers. Took a few tries to keep the mesh sheathing on the wires, had to also cut the plug off and use some butt end connectors to reattach the wires. Switch should be arriving this weekend so I can hopefully finish that 100% now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Oh nice, glad it could help!

Aw man, I saw a post about someone doing it that way (on here maybe?), and that was going to be my backup plan if I couldn't find a less intrusive method. Plus I don't have grill skewers, haha. Really didn't want to have to cut the switch off and reattach it either like you had to do; there's no way I was getting that through in one piece with the skewer method.

Glad you got it all worked out though! (Or at least will have it worked out once the switch arrives). Are you going with a multi-switch panel for future add-ons? That's probably going to be my plan at some point in the near future.

Cheers
It definitely took some pushing and removal of a small panel to get in there. Yea the unfortunate cutting sucked but I already had These wire connectors from custom computer cables I was going to make yet never did lol.

I got a temporary single Nilight switch from my brother in-law that he didn't use on his Polaris SxS UTV. I ordered a 3 Nilight gang switch panel off Amazon coming. Not sure where in gonna mount it yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts