My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you @Chris Jacobs. I wired it under the roof rail, into the hatch, down into the d/s tail light, under the truck, up through the fender and into the engine bay. The switch that came with the wiring kit was double stick tape and I put it to the right of the headlight switch and dimmers.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good! Could you post some more pictures? Also what roof rack is that?
The crossbars are from Amazon the Avalante ones I believe. The basket is a generic off eBay it doesn't fit on the rails perfectly, but it's close enough, and it works, we go to the beach often and throw the cooler, chairs and box of required 4x4 equipment up there. I'll try and snap some more pics tonight.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks fantastic. Does it make any additional noise while you are driving?
A little bit, it's not terrible I'm pretty sure once I modify and re install the fairing on the basket it will be barely noticeable.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thank you @Chris Jacobs. I wired it under the roof rail, into the hatch, down into the d/s tail light, under the truck, up through the fender and into the engine bay. The switch that came with the wiring kit was double stick tape and I put it to the right of the headlight switch and dimmers.

From the engine bay, how did you get the light switch into the cab to its final location by your headlight switch? Did you wire the switch from the engine bay, through the fire wall, and into the cab or did I miss something? I'm having trouble finding a location to wire my switch from engine to cab. Any info helps. Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
From the engine bay, how did you get the light switch into the cab to its final location by your headlight switch? Did you wire the switch from the engine bay, through the fire wall, and into the cab or did I miss something? I'm having trouble finding a location to wire my switch from engine to cab. Any info helps. Thanks!
I use the headlight switch to control mine. I designed a module that let's me trigger up to 3 relays via the fog button. I prefer everything looking factory not keen on aftermarket switches mucking up my interior. Still doing real-world testing on it before I start selling them. Installation only requires cutting of 1 wire (and of course power/ground and 3 relay wires).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ran mine from a relay/fuse box in the engine bay through the fender (under the foam) to the spot the yellow wire is running.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I use the headlight switch to control mine. I designed a module that let's me trigger up to 3 relays via the fog button. I prefer everything looking factory not keen on aftermarket switches mucking up my interior. Still doing real-world testing on it before I start selling them. Installation only requires cutting of 1 wire (and of course power/ground and 3 relay wires).

You designed your own module? I would be interested in seeing it installed. Also, do you plan on selling the module?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yep and yes they'll be for sale (also works on Renegade and new Cherokee)

Thanks. I think I might be interested when you sell them. So the light bar works only when the foglights are turned on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm definitely interested, do you have an idea when you could have this available for purchase? Are you currently offering any discount for field test early-bird adopters of such a good idea?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts