My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nice! BTW, when I was at the dealers last week, I saw a Compass there for service with a swing arm for the spare. I asked the owner about it. It's a custom job he had done for under $200.
You might wnat to look into something like that to solve your missing spare problem.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've already got something in the works to solve that problem.. what is it you might ask??

You will just have to wait and see!!

I kinda wish I could see what the swing arm on the compass. I wonder what it would look like. What did you think of it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I thought that the swing arm looked pretty good. It was centered on the back, but his was a bit lower than I'd like one to be. It looked like it would get in the way of a hitch. He said the toughest part was moving the electrical for the license plate light. His plate now sits to the left of "Compass" on the back bumper.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Nice Eric...........it looks like a mean machine !!!!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Looks great Eric! Sick bass setup. I followed a new Black Limited today for a couple of miles.... people were looking hard at our mini parade.

We need to hold a Rally in Chicago and get Jeep to sponsor it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've already got something in the works to solve that problem.. what is it you might ask??

You will just have to wait and see!!

I kinda wish I could see what the swing arm on the compass. I wonder what it would look like. What did you think of it?
Just my two-cents' worth, but if you really want to keep your Rallye in the spirit of the true Rallye style, you'd get one (or two!) spare tire that matches your regular wheels and mount them on your roof!

Oh, one more thing... since your speakers are mounted to what looks like some kind of rigid board, you can take that goofy fuzz-covered fiber-board support thing that's behind the rear seat out to give you more room for mounting your electronics. Or it could be a good place to store a couple cans of fix-a-flat! :)

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Wiz.......first welcome to the forum, hope you'll enjoy....and good advise regarding the cans of fix-a-flat.......

·
Registered
101 Posts
That is a clean a$$ Compass! Would it look wierd if I just got a ralleye front bumper and nothing else? The front bumper makes it look so awesome!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I agree, I like the Rallye package! OffTheWoll, I bet that would look great on your Compass! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
101 Posts
Haha. I'm sure it would to. Next summer will be my next MOD time. I'm gonna take the winter off and start fresh after. I've done enough in the 3 months I've owned mine. I need to post some newer pics as well. Sometime soon .... hopefully.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Yes, please, we would really like some newer pics, you don't have to ask us twice, lol! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Whats up everyone!? Got a little update. I decided to pick up the RRO lift for the Rallye since I will soon be moving to Salt Lake City and will want a little more ground clearance for the snow. I got bigger tires put on last week and went with 225 60 18s. I am hoping to get the lift on this weekend it just depends if I can get in for an alignment after I install. If so I will post pictures asap. Here are a couple crappy cell phone pics. I washed and waxed her a couple days ago and she looked good as new.

This is with the new tires but no lift yet. Will get a better picture of just the tires then tires and the lift.

Here is everything I got with the lift.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Cool man and glad to see ya' back around! How much of a lift is that going to give you?

- Cherokee

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Their website says 2.125" of lift. I have read elsewhere that it improves ground clearance by about 3" so I will measure before and after ride height. I didn't think to get stock height with stock tires but I will at least be able to measure just the lift.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Eric......welcome back..........you've been busy .......but more to do it looks like it.....:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts