My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going? I've got a 2014 Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel. Let me first say I LOVE my JGC to death and it is literally the dream car I've always wanted. Unfortunately, I don't get to keep her. Between my girlfriend and I, we have 4 kids, so we're looking into a Journey with 3rd row, and replacing my JGC with a 2018 Compass, to bring the monthly payment down some. I don't see much online for the new Compass; I either see great reviews on it, or major complaints. I know there's plenty out there who have them and haven't had an issue, so fingers crossed that I'll be picking mine up in 2 weeks. It's a 2018 Latitude with 4x4 and 6sp manual transmission. Billet Silver in color grin: Are there any major issues I need to watch out for? The day I pick it up, I'll be driving it over 1,000 miles back home, so I want to make sure all my bases are covered.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm making the trek tomorrow. Already have it picked out and most of the paperwork done. Just need to sign and switch keys!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picked it up... I already love this thing! It has all of the comfort features I liked in my Grand Cherokee, but in a smaller, sportier, and cheaper package. Android auto, leather seats, etc. It even has 4WD which my GC didn't (and caused me to get stuck a couple times!). Got Max Care and the paint protection included ?. Definitely looking forward to many years with it!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got about 1800 miles on her now. Checked the oil level when I picked it up at 86 miles, then again at 500, and again at 1600. No signs of any oil loss

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
967 Posts
I've got about 1800 miles on her now. Checked the oil level when I picked it up at 86 miles, then again at 500, and again at 1600. No signs of any oil loss
Maybe not every Compass has the oil consumption problem. From what I've read mine seems to be middle-of-the-road in oil consumption. I'm guesstimating 2000 miles/quart.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Great reviews or major complaints are what car forums and websites are full of.

People who are simply happy or satisfied don’t tend to say much so the info is often biased.

I have had a couple of small issues but nothing serious or anything much different to what I have had with other brands.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts