My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been driving my Compass (2,4l, CVT), for two week now. And it runs smoothly so far. The temperature here in Southern Finland has been around 0 celcius, and we do have some snow also, 4 Wheel Drive works fine on snow. Waiting for more snow to come.. :D

-Haffe

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Haffe,

Isn't the Compass a great vehicle? Do you always switch to 4wd in the snow? We get around great in awd mode in up to 6 inches of snow. The only time we've used 4wd was to break through an 18 inch drift in our driveway, and had no problem! The roads are clear here on the south shore of Lake Erie today, but we're expecting an Alberta Clipper and at least a foot of snow overnight tonight.

jacko

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had my Compass (2,4l 5 spd manual) since July last year and have not yet needeed to use the 4wd switch. I'm also waiting for more snow, this morning it was raining, in February ! In previous years this has not been common, it usually snows in February.

Rgds, Stacker

·
Registered
204 Posts
For the last week it's been an average of -30c. We've gotten about a foot and a half of snow already this year and expecting to start getting more within the next couple of weeks. We always get a good dump of snow at the end of February, beginning of March.

·
Registered
362 Posts
rommel543 said:
For the last week it's been an average of -30c. We've gotten about a foot and a half of snow already this year and expecting to start getting more within the next couple of weeks. We always get a good dump of snow at the end of February, beginning of March.
Don't say that. I just booked a hotel for the last week in Feb in Wpg. Taking a little holiday. Yeah, yeah, I know Winterpeg isn't the best place to be in winter. I lived there from Jan-Apr in 2007 so I know!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Webmaster said:
rommel543 said:
Don't say that. I just booked a hotel for the last week in Feb in Wpg. Taking a little holiday. Yeah, yeah, I know Winterpeg isn't the best place to be in winter. I lived there from Jan-Apr in 2007 so I know!!
Well we got more snow yesterday (only about 2-3 cm) and tomorrow the high is -27c (low of -35). If there is any wind we're looking at least to -40.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Webmaster said:
rommel543 said:
It was -35c this morning when I got up, -47c with the windchill.

Here is a screen shot from Weather Canada right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts