My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first Jeep ever. Bought a new-to-me Olive Green 2009 4X4 Sport 5spd with Boston Stereo. 14K miles, and in great shape! So far, so good. First thing I did when I got home was order and install a new shift knob for it. I couldn't STAND the OEM knob. Ended up with a NRG Super Low Down Heavy Weight 5-speed (Black) Universal Shift Knob, and LOVE the way it looks and feels in the Jeep. Most of all, the car now feels the way I want it to coming from first to second, which seemed like such a L-O-N-G throw to me - maybe I just have short arms...No other mods (yet), but may be up for some that don't require a lot of technical skill. It's my ONLY car, so I can't have it taken apart for longer than a day... I like what I'm experiencing so far. Go JEEP!

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad you found us..........great people in here with great info, please enjoy !

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Hello and welcome, glad to have you aboard! Congrats on your Compass, good to hear you're enjoying it! You should post up some pics, we'd love to see it! Sounds like a cool upgrade to the shifter, too, any other mods you have in mind? Lots of ideas here and great people and info, too, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello and welcome, glad to have you aboard! Congrats on your Compass, good to hear you're enjoying it! You should post up some pics, we'd love to see it! Sounds like a cool upgrade to the shifter, too, any other mods you have in mind? Lots of ideas here and great people and info, too, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee
Thanks! On my list: Lots of WeatherTech (wind deflectors, floor liners, trunk liner), Roof Rack, tinting of windows. Mostly cosmetic in nature, as you can tell. I would LOVE to figure out a way to get a bit more "getup n go" out of the engine, but not sure how to do that - will have to talk to my brother-in-law, as I know NOTHING about engines, so there's no actual skill in that area for me! In about a year, I'll most likely upgrade the tires and find an audio guy, but that all depends on my finances - doesn't it always? The shift knob was a MUST-DO for me, and I'm so glad I did it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No. The old knob just pulls off, and then the new knob is held on with allen-type screws - imagine a Christmas tree stand, but smaller scale. So, not screwed IN, per se (as in a traditional knob), but just held there in place. Works just fine!

The knob is just screwed to the stick I guess?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Pics

You can attach pics lds01; scroll down when compiling a post to the section marked 'manage attachments' then select from your PC and upload, they appear as thumbnails we can click on :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to know, thanks! Give a couple of days - I'm traveling through the weekend. Pics to come!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts