My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found side steps from stainless steel there is also an aluminium variant , i asked jeep service for installation but they were overbooked with repairs and they said they are free in 2 weeks , no patience for that so i took the matter in my own hand and easy easy in 4-5 hours i managed to do it myself without any damage to the car :glasses:

Now i'm researching for a bull bar/nudge bar but no success there is nothing anywhere sad:

will post more pics later

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
link where you got the parts would be cool :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Good Job!
They look very nice and should help prevent rock chips and such.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can find them on ebay or alliexpress i personally used a local provider who gets things from china(because he order in bulk he gets free shipping) and i dont know exactly where he ordered from, but i found myself the model online i'll post several links once the forum will allow me to do that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep mostly i got them for protection against stupid drivers who dont know how to open theirs doors after parking next to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think they look really slick, nice work! I might have to look up a set to help my 3 year old climb in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most car doors point of impact wouldnt be that low
not for the aft door but normally most front doors are not curved and lets remember the 20cm of height of the jeep i tested with my audi a3 and the door hit the steps first well i didnt said 100% but will avoid most driver doors.

btw if anyone gets them or similar i can help with instruction for an easy installation, because you have to remove the original bottom side protection.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have found side steps from stainless steel there is also an aluminium variant , i asked jeep service for installation but they were overbooked with repairs and they said they are free in 2 weeks , no patience for that so i took the matter in my own hand and easy easy in 4-5 hours i managed to do it myself without any damage to the car :glasses:

Now i'm researching for a bull bar/nudge bar but no success there is nothing anywhere sad:

will post more pics later
Check Rocky Road Outfitters for the bull bar/nudge bar

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow nice job with the side steps they look amazing!
I actually want to do this now...LOL
How difficult was the install and what part of the car did you have to drill to fasten to?
Any risk of leaks from the drilling or mounting or nothing that comes close to the interior?

Great job and thanks for sharing!
Cheers.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wow nice job with the side steps they look amazing!
I actually want to do this now...LOL
How difficult was the install and what part of the car did you have to drill to fasten to?
Any risk of leaks from the drilling or mounting or nothing that comes close to the interior?

Great job and thanks for sharing!
Cheers.
From what I can see on AliExpress. It seems to be mostly just fasteners no drilling included. a show all the equipment on AliExpress pretty well and you can have a little video showing over all the hardware. It looks more like Clam hardware than actually fastening it to your vehicle or damaging it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
there is no drilling (sry for late respounse) only removal of lower plastic protection witch took me 2 hours for the first side because i did not want to brake anything and 15 minutes for the other because i learned how to do it :). jeep office asked me for 180 euros for the job and 3 weeks waiting list so i could not wait i was too impatient and i did mount them myself witch was a good choice because is very easy.

the secret is dont bother saving the pins of the one you take down just pull with no mercy :) you have new ones in the steps set.

your old lateral bumpers will be stored away the steps come with identical bumpers or how they called

oh btw the ones i put are very very nice much better then any type i sow on other ppl cars and they fit perfect offering a very good lateral protection also

1 - 16 of 16 Posts