My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never owned any vehicle without modifying it in some way. No budget currently for anything fancy but its something:

The guys at work have dubbed the Compass as "Manuel" after miss-reading the sticker grin:

·
Registered
927 Posts
I like the sticker.

Maybe I am just getting old but I really feel like there is no meaning left in the word "mod" anymore though. Its been twisted and overused to the point of exhaustion I think. Just makes me cringe anymore when people use it in conversation "Yeah man I'm totally gonna do a bunch of mods eventually." Especially when you know anything that actually is a real serious modification they are not going to be doing it themselves, or worse yet they are going to buy the part and bring it to my house on a Saturday morning to wreck my day with xD

Nothing against you lattyd, like I said I dig the sticker, but if we're being extremely nit-picky its not really a "mod", right? Or is it just me? Maybe I'm just an arsehole. I can't tell anymore.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the sticker.

Maybe I am just getting old but I really feel like there is no meaning left in the word "mod" anymore though. Its been twisted and overused to the point of exhaustion I think. Just makes me cringe anymore when people use it in conversation "Yeah man I'm totally gonna do a bunch of mods eventually." Especially when you know anything that actually is a real serious modification they are not going to be doing it themselves, or worse yet they are going to buy the part and bring it to my house on a Saturday morning to wreck my day with xD

Nothing against you lattyd, like I said I dig the sticker, but if we're being extremely nit-picky its not really a "mod", right? Or is it just me? Maybe I'm just an arsehole. I can't tell anymore.
I get what you're saying, but it tends to be the language most understand haha. We'll probably need to come up with a more powerful word for serious modifications.

·
Registered
927 Posts
So a paint job is not typically considered a mod, right? Its a customization, is that more accurate to say? I think thats where things like stickers and vinyl graphics/wrap fall as well, into customizations whereas mods are things that change part of how something works or adds some function or feature that wasn't there before.

Thats just how it sits in my head. Call it whatever you like, no big deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts