My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I purchased a 2017 Jeep Compass Sport with 17,xxx miles on it. My previous car was a 2011 Ford Taurus SHO. Very fast sleeper but I really missed having a stick-shift. We also have another little one due in Feb.. and the back seat in the Taurus was a pain to finagle the kid(s) in.

I do miss the power of the 3.6 TT in the SHO but my morning commute is less than 5 minutes. The car would never be warm enough to enjoy any of the power.

Ext Color: Laser Blue Pearl-Coat
Int Color: Black / Sandstorm

Mech: 2.4L w/ 6-speed manual

Options:
Sport Appearance Group (Wheels, Tint, Roof Rails)
Cold Weather Group (Heated Seats & Wheel, Floor Mats, Windshield Wiper De-icer, Leather steering wheel)
Technology Group (Rear Park Assist + XM Radio)

Initial feelings on the Jeep:
- Like the handling + ride quality of the car
- 6-speed is pretty smooth for a small cross-over style vehicle. Clutch is very easy to work as well.
- 2.4L Motor is pretty competent and strong for this size of vehicle. Leaves a little to be desired at highway speeds, but my commute tops out at 45MPH.
- Even with the entry level "Sport" trim, i don't feel like i'm missing much, feature wise, compared to my top of the line SHO Taurus. Automatic headlights (which will just require some muscle memory) and blindspot mirrors (2.99 stick on ones will work fine) are the only two "needed" items I found missing.

Future Modifications:
- Slightly darker window tint.
- Blindspot mirrors.
- Covers for the back of the driver + passenger seats (to protect from dirty little shoes)
- Trailer receiver/hitch (unknown if i will go for the MOPAR one or not. Would mostly be used for a small metal basket or bike rack.)

I've been reading quite a few of the threads here already and look forward to seeing this forum grow as ownership of the Compass grows.

·
967 Posts
Welcome lattyd! I hope you still love your Compass after 100,000 miles. In my experience it takes at least half that many miles for a vehicle to really develop personality.

New kiddo due in February, huh? Maybe your wife goes into labor in a snowstorm and you get to transport her to the hospital in your Compass. Maybe s/he even gets born OTW hospital in your Compass! Now THAT would give it personality.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

New kiddo due in February, huh? Maybe your wife goes into labor in a snowstorm and you get to transport her to the hospital in your Compass. Maybe s/he even gets born OTW hospital in your Compass! Now THAT would give it personality.

Guess I'll be glad I have the all weather floor mats then! Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts