My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
960 Posts
Other than some losing oil, most 2.4s are fine. I've had two. The first one used oil, the second didn't. I never had a problem like you described. Sound more like a computer/electronic issue than a mechanical problem. I hope this solves your problem, but I've got my doubts. Then again, I'm not a mechanic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Other than some losing oil, most 2.4s are fine. I've had two. The first one used oil, the second didn't. I never had a problem like you described. Sound more like a computer/electronic issue than a mechanical problem. I hope this solves your problem, but I've got my doubts. Then again, I'm not a mechanic.
First 2 issues were caused by the second battery draining power from the primary battery. That lead to the dash shorting out and no power going to the cat including any of the pedals working. This time around the oil was leaking and being consumed quicker than what is normal. This is what the Jeep mechanic has told us. The end result of all of this is them pulling the engine of the car and replacing it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My girlfriend has a 2017 Jeep Compass with 29,000 miles on it and 7 payments left in her lease. She has broken down 3 times on the side of the road since having the car in her possession. Each time it broken down the car loses all electrical and power to the wheels. After having the dealer she purchased it from take a look they told her they need to replace the whole engine and lucky it is covered in her lease. The kicker here is though the mechanic told her that the dealership knew this would happen based off the 2.4L engine she has in the car and no one warned her even after the past repairs needed it.

I read some of your comments that you got out of the lease early and I would appreciate any feedback on how to get Jeep Customer Cares to terminate the lease due to how unsafe this car is, the amount of work she has missed due to it, and the towing bills they are making her rack up.
Greetings....My lease was through Chrysler Capital. i kept calling and providing documentation, including time the vehicle was in for repairs. I also had the dealer contact the FCA district manager who oversees the dealer. My argument was simple: What am I paying for? The day the car stalled while making a left turn, a few weeks after a complete engine replacement drove me over the edge. I almost got hit by oncoming traffic. I met with the district manager and he took all my documents to Chrysler Capital who terminated my lease. I must stress I was working on my case at least an hour a day. It was a challenge but, driving the car to the dealership one last time gave me joy. Sadly, while taking delivery on a Gran Cherokee, I witnessed excited drivers taking delivery on new Jeep Compass vehicles. The internet is filled with stories how this car has become a nightmare for so many owners. My advice? Document everything, be persistent and keep escalating your concerns to the appropriate people. Avoid anger and do not go in pleading your case with guns a blazing dropping 'F' Bombs. Professionalism and facts go a long way.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts