My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking for tow vehicle for behind our RV and we have found a 2012 Jeep Compass 4x4 with a manual 5 speed transmission. What I have found online appears as though the compass with a standard shift can be flat towed (the auto cannot due to lack of a transfer case neutral setting). By flat towed I mean it is towed with all four wheels on the ground. I am wondering if anyone has had first hand experience flat towing a standard shift Jeep Compass ? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An answer to my own post...

For the sake of information I thought I would post an answer to my own post. Yes, the Jeep Compass with the manual transmission makes an excellent vehicle to tow behind a motorhome. On other sites I encountered several people who were very satisfied and had towed them for years. An added benefit to the RV'er is the fact that the 3200 lbs Compass does not have a steering wheel lock, therefore it can be towed without the keys in the ignition to release the steering wheel. You just put it in neutral, hook up the tow bar, plug in the wiring from the coach and away you go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts