My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I have a 2017 Jeep Compass - bought new Weather-Tech floor mats for them and noticed the carpet was wet under them during the winter. I live in Wisconsin - was wondering if the carpet got wet because of the 2 tab hole on the mats that are used to hold the mats down to the floor. Any one else have this issue? Any suggestions on how you could cover them up and prevent it from happening again? Should I go and buy Husky Mats - ......Thanks Dave
Follow UP - Got a reply back from weather tech - they said buy some 3M silicone paste and I guess use that to seal up around hole -

·
Registered
180 Posts
Problem with the weather techs are they arent very thick plus the mats are very flat and where they attached to the floor hooks is rather low. All winter the melted snow seeps through those points and soaks your carpet. I have rugged ridge mats where the hook points are raised a bit plus the tread helps the water not pour into the hook point as easily

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you get your mats at? I found a website for rugged ridge but it had no choice for my compass 2017 jeep....thanks Dave

·
Registered
180 Posts
I bought them off of Amazon for $114 / 4 pc set, make sure you pick the right ones since 2017 is the change over year to the 2nd gen

Where did you get your mats at? I found a website for rugged ridge but it had no choice for my compass 2017 jeep....thanks Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts