My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I found Nokya bright yellow replacement bulbs for the factory fog lights. They are a direct plug replacement for the 9145 white bulb. H10 is their reference and wattage is the same(45 watts) so not overheating the wires or switch issues.

They offer a much better option for improved visibility in wet/foggy conditions and on coming traffic will have a different colour to identify you.
http://nokyausa.com/hy/hy7626.htm

Good value in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, I have attached photos to the original post. I just installed the bug deflector this AM as a well so the front is done.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Looks great, nice work, thanks for sharing the pics! Where did you get your bug deflector?

- Cherokee

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Local source in Markham. AVS bug shield

·
Registered
222 Posts
i also have the yellow fogs i picked up my bulbs last year from pacific mall they cost me 20 bucks but one has burned out. im going to head up there today maby and buy another set. ill keep an eye out for a red compass with yellow fogs :)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i also have the yellow fogs i picked up my bulbs last year from pacific mall they cost me 20 bucks but one has burned out. im going to head up there today maby and buy another set. ill keep an eye out for a red compass with yellow fogs :)
You can get the bulbs and other accessories very reasonbly at SPT (Speed tech Auto) http://www.speedtechauto.com/

I have purchase them, husky cargo liner, AVS bug shield there. The can get them in the next day for your ride!!!

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Zackman,

Do you know if they still have these bulbs at the mall? If so which store has them?

Tks
As per the first post the bulbs I used are made by Noyka and type H10. They are a direct replacement but clear yellow bulb 45 watt. Check the source in Markham they may ship. They were $35 per pair for me here. See the Nokya website for deals.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Tripplec,

Thanks for the reply
A Google hunt came up with this. It looks just like my package and H10 set.

http://www.eautoworks.com/product-Nokya-33104.htm

We have the exact in this Compass and Explorer sport since they both use the same bulb and wattage is OEM exactly. That way they is 100% compliance with the wiring gauge by design. Chrysler cannot come back on you for overloading the harness because you changed the bulb.

I hope this helps and I am certain there are other source for this name brand product.

www.eautoworks.com/product-Nokya-33104.htm

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Driving back from the cottage and the skies getting darker and then black as I drove into it. Massive rain drops on the verge of big hale stones started down. I had my fog lights on and low beams through the thick of it. I wish I could turn the fog lights on at will. They cannot be turned on if no lights are on (parking lights as minimum) and go off with highbeams. This is a real dumb ass design. I came up to several big pickups coming towards me and they toggled their high beam off without the fog lights going off(there fogs lights are white and I just changed my bulbs to yellow) The yellow works fantastic showing me the lines on both side of the road through the river of water, down pour and countless lightning bolts all the way down in Durham into Markham. There was a lightning bolt that hit something just ahead of me to the right of the road just ahead of a van/Dodge Journey. Something like that with the bolt of light burn into my retina sparks flew off the point of impact for some time. I was thinking after is was a transformer but who really knows. It was very dark, my daughter was alarmed and said it was cool before but this was too much and way too close. Not too much different from when we tubing down a river in Haliburton and a Black Bear crossed the river ahead of her and I was just behind but missed the excitement. The surprise and coolness shifted to concern and approached panic before the bear wandered out behind a log onto the shore and in to the bushes.

It was an eventful weekend but I think rewiring our making modifications to the light are are in order. A schematic may be a requirement here on this to see where it can be circumvented for the real world.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Driving back from the cottage and the skies getting darker and then black as I drove into it. Massive rain drops on the verge of big hale stones started down. I had my fog lights on and low beams through the thick of it. I which I could turn the fog lights on at will. They cannot be turned on if no lights are on (parking lights as minimum) and go off with highbeams. This is a real dumb ass design. I came up to several big pickups coming towards me and they toggled their high beam off without the fog lights going off(there fogs lights are white and I just changed my bulbs to yellow) The yellow works fantastic showing me the lines on both side of the road through the river of water, down pour and countless lightning bolts all the way down in Durham into Markham. There was a lightning bolt that hit something just ahead of me to the right of the road just ahead of a van/Dodge Journey. Something like that with the bolt of light burn into my retina sparks flew off the point of impact for some time. I was thinking after is was a transformer but who really knows. It was very dark, my daughter was alarmed and said it was cool before but this was too much and way too close. Not too much different from when we tubing down a river in Haliburton and a Black Bear crossed the river ahead of her and I was just behind but missed the excitement. The surprise and coolness shifted to concern and approached panic before the bear wandered out behind a log onto the shore and in to the bushes.

It was an eventful weekend but I think rewiring our making modifications to the light are are in order. A schematic may be a requirement here on this to see where it can be circumvented for the real world.
epic run on. it kept me on the edge of my chair. you are right about the stupid design i hate it. the yellow bulbs are great in these kinds of conditions for sure. how old is your daughter?

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Wow tripplec, that's quite a story, I wanted to get to the end just to make sure you two made it alright and really glad to hear you did! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Daughter is fine. We are selling the cottage and she wanted on more experience to remember the place she grew up at over summers and winters. We used it year round and she lives in Montreal going to University there. But drifting into a bear in the middle of a river by the strong current was a bit unnerving. Can't say I would not be concerned if it was me confronting it first. I've had run in's with them for decades around the dumps and still kicking but not on water. I wasn't yogie ether ha ha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Generally, you put the foglights on in the fog... put your highbeams on next time you're in fog or a snow storm - can't see 2 feet in front of you, hence, why, highbeams on = foglights off. Read the Highway Traffic Act just for fun :D Strength of front lamps

(9) No motor vehicle shall carry on the front thereof more than four lighted lamps that project a beam having an intensity of over 300 candela. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 62 (9).

e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_90h08_e.htm#BK120
As I'm pretty sure fogs and highbeams would do this... and, in the case of my retired Grand Cherokee (1999), the low beams would not shutoff when the highbeams engaged, so, with foglights, that would be 6 - I know the Compass shuts the lows off, but you see the point...

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I find the Compass DOES NOT allow you to turn them ON unless lights (parking or headlamps are on). Sometimes I like to have them on due to conditions ahead and don't need tail lights. But no, Can't be done. I have seen other vehicles IE Ford Explorer 2002 which has the same type of fog light and has a independent switch to turn them on. Yes, if the highbeam is turned on they go off. But no other lights need to be on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh heck yes, I agree with that... an old(er) car I had you just flipped a switch and the fogs came on... I do disagree with the "must have at least some type of light on" before the fogs go...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Well I find the Compass DOES NOT allow you to turn them ON unless lights (parking or headlamps are on). Sometimes I like to have them on due to conditions ahead and don't need tail lights.
The tail lights are not for you, they are for anybody who maybe coming up behind you. If conditions demand auxiliary lighting, trust me, I NEED YOUR TAIL LIGHTS WORKING.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.