My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just 1000 miles on the odometer, and my 2022 jeep compass latitude FCW and automatic braking is not working. I had two error messages on the control panel, and a also little icon with a star/crash lit up, and neither warning or braking feature is working. Anyone else having this issue?
Computer Output device Personal computer Motor vehicle Netbook

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The message said “forward collision warning (FWC) not working“ need service.
I wish I would’ve snapped a picture but it disappeared too quickly. I’ll check the front sensor to see if it’s clear…

·
Registered
1 Posts
The message said “forward collision warning (FWC) not working“ need service.
I wish I would’ve snapped a picture but it disappeared too quickly. I’ll check the front sensor to see if it’s clear…
I have had the same thing happen this week. I got the warning and it disappeared too quickly to snap a pic. The same light is on on my dash. Dealership had it all day for service and tried to return it saying it didn’t
Show any code when hooked up to their computer. I asked about the light on the dash that has been on for days and was told that neither the service adviser or mechanic even noticed that it was on. They claim they were looking for some other light by what I had described. It’s been in several times over the past 5 months for numerous electrical items. I’m always told they can’t find anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had the same thing happen this week. I got the warning and it disappeared too quickly to snap a pic. The same light is on on my dash. Dealership had it all day for service and tried to return it saying it didn’t
Show any code when hooked up to their computer. I asked about the light on the dash that has been on for days and was told that neither the service adviser or mechanic even noticed that it was on. They claim they were looking for some other light by what I had described. It’s been in several times over the past 5 months for numerous electrical items. I’m always told they can’t find anything.
My dealership couldn’t find anything wrong, no error codes were found. I have doubts that the Front Collison Warning system is workingin my Compass ☹☹

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The icon is not still on in my vehicle. The dealership said they believe FCW is working, but there is no way to test the feature without attempting to hit another vehicle. The dealership attempted to “test“ the feature for about an hour and a half, when I took it in for service for the issue.

·
Registered
539 Posts
That is crazy.
@JeepCares does this sound normal to you?
Thank you for tagging us. Any customer experiencing concerns with this feature can feel free to send us a private message for support.

Kate
Jeep Cares

1 - 11 of 11 Posts