My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have bought my first vehicle last week, it's a Jeep Compass 2016, and I'm very excited. My dealer keep emphasizing that is a brand new car when I was negotiating with him. However, the production tag indicates the manufacture date is at January 12, 2016 and the vehicle already came up with 396 km in odometer. Recently, I have found there are massive fingerprints show up on the top of the dashboard (INSIDE the plastic glass), when I look it at different angles under the sunlight. This brings my concerns and doubts, because there should not have any "trace" (fingerprints) left inside a sealed dashboard as a brand new vehicle. The dealership was not able to provide me a reasonable explanation or solution. Right now, I'm not sure what should do and I don't know what're the consequences which I could be taken in the future if the change or tampering on odometer were proved.

I'd love to hear some comments, ideas from you guys. At the same time, I also want to share this strange experience with you guys. It actually just happened on my new jeep compass as you can see from the pics here...:surprise:

Google Drive link
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxJjhWwGkjxmWkxfZ0pVREhPM0k?usp=sharing

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not sure about the fingerprints, but the only reason I can think of for the 396 km is that the one you got was used as a tester car, so the mileage racked up. Not really sure what can be done, maybe try to see if you can get another compass as this one has been tampered with?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts