My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just bought a 2014 Jeep Compass with Freedom Drive 1, and i am looking to upgrade it if possible. Does anyone have any ideas? I am not really looking for super crazy off roading, just to be able to tackle more than what the freedom drive 1 can.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts
Depending on the terrain and what you plan on doing the following are a must imo:

Skidplates
Tow hooks (front and back)
Tires!
Lift

Those are the easiest things to add right off the top. Having aggressive tires will help offroading a lot. Having the skidplates will help you avoid breaking anything should you bottom our or hit something offroad.

Here is a video of me proving why skidplates are important!

Jeep Compass Hill Climb (ABS Fuse removed) - YouTube

Having front and rear recovery points make it easy to get pulled out after you get stuck, less risk of breaking something due to attaching a recovery strap to a weak part of the vehicle.

Lift obviously makes a difference ground clearance wise, but If you can't looking to go too crazy it can be put on later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone know where I can find brackets to put on skid plates on my FD1?

Dealer can get the skid plates but is having problems finding the brackets to attach them. Seems the FD2 comes from the factory with some attachments pre welded on.

Regards
Allan A

1 - 3 of 3 Posts