My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hya there.
2014 diesel limited black beauty has been debadged during the last weekend. And I was thinking, why I didn't do it way before!?

Aside of neat clean look, there's no more abrasive dirt collected around those letters, paint now is easier to maintain, wash, polish etc.
Used only hair dryer, fishing strings and glue residue removal bought in local warehouse (toom) hard to remember the exact name, some longish deutsch word.. Will check later if anyone needs that info.
So, what do you think?
:jeep:

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's extremely easy work. Finger tips and nails will need some time to recover.
Firstly, warm up the badge with a hair dryer a little bit until letters become rubber-style flexible. Then use fishing strings rolled around your indexing fingers and cut behind. The worst part is in the end, remove adhesive residue with some adhesive removal that doesn't contain acetone. Then fine polish those spots. Clean with alcohol any dirt.
That's it.

Sent from my C5503 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does fishing line working better than a plastic scraper? I want to do it without causing scratching. Also, is goo gone a good product for removing the adhesive?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I used dental floss, and cleaned off the residue with goo gone. If you are going to use a heat gun test the metal temperature and do not use the high setting, do not use anything metal to pry off the letters. I have been debadging for years, I did screw up once with my motorcycle fender, it was plastic and i damaged my paint.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This looks very nice. Making me think of debadging my own. Any way you can let me know what wheels you have on there? Those are also very sharp looking

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do not use Goo Gone on yours cars clear coat. Trust me it will not thank you. Use isopropyl alcohol. Then a little bit of polish or compound if it’s stubborn. Wipe and job done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts