My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 1985 I moved from New York to Switzerland, taking a brand new Cherokee Laredo with me. What a nightmare ... The Cherokee was great but the Swiss Motor Vehicle Department did not care. As this Car was not yet licensed to be on Swiss Roads it had to go through stringent tests. Finally, after installing 2 additional mufflers and heavy curtains left and right of the engine, I was on the road, having spent 5000 USD for all the tests and modifications. 3 Years later my son was in a collision with another car, no harm to him but total damage to the Cherokee.

Now, back in the U.S. and after trading in my Woody" PT Cruiser, I am driving a brand new 2011 Compass Latitude, my Baby Cherokee.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Welcome to the forum Peter, glad to have you! Sorry to hear about your Cherokee, that had to be a real pain overseas but congrats on your Compass! So how do you like it so far? Any pics you can share? We'd love to see it! Great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts