My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I’ll make this short. I own a 2019 (yes you heard that right, 2019) Trailhawk. Most recently I’ve been noticing a clunking noise from the front end when turning (left and right). This happens when I’m taking off, and at lower speeds. This is a sound like you might hear when something is lose. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Check the sway bar end links...they are plastic! This pic is of the rear link but the front looks the same, just a different length.
The vertical piece in the middle with the grooves in it. They either break or the ball joints on the ends get sloppy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the sway bar end links...they are plastic! This pic is of the rear link but the front looks the same, just a different length. View attachment 14488 The vertical piece in the middle with the grooves in it. They either break or the ball joints on the ends get sloppy.
Thank you for posting. I’ll take a look at this in the morning. Hopefully it’s this simple.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Because the JKS lift i have also comes with plastic links. I replaced mine with theese JKS ones and even then they start to clunk eventually, these have to be cut to size once (when they go bad I reuse the same rod). Im on my second pair now, my compass has only 32k miles.

·
Registered
247 Posts
So I’ll make this short. I own a 2019 (yes you heard that right, 2019) Trailhawk. Most recently I’ve been noticing a clunking noise from the front end when turning (left and right). This happens when I’m taking off, and at lower speeds. This is a sound like you might hear when something is lose. Any thoughts?
I replaced mine with these. Just follow click on the link. This shows front replacement. I also did the rear with the same brand. I have no issues or noise sine replacing.
2017.5 Trailhawk 85,000 | My Jeep Compass Forum

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, if it's the front sway bar links, my 2018 has gone through two sets in under 55K kms. I'm hoping this third set lasts until the lease is up next year, now that it's out of warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts