My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Jeep Compass with around 73,000 miles. So far I have replaced 2 wheel bearings for the front right and front left side. I have replaced both tie rod ends and the front right drive axle. I went in to have an alignment and they said I needed new ball joints for the front end. I tried replacing the ball joint it’s self but was not happy with the result. So I ended up buying some aftermarket control arms. 3 days go by and when I am backing out of a parking spot I hear a clunk. I immediately stop and check the noise. The brand new ball joint/control arm (front left) had separated (The ball came out of the joint). I had to get it towed to a shop. While the mechanic was under the car he noticed a few issues. The right side drive axle that I had just replaced is spitting grease from the boots and the left tie rod end has some good play in it. Both parts are about 8 months old and both are Mopar parts. My big question is should I keep getting Mopar part or should I go after market? I haven’t had luck with either.

·
Registered
656 Posts
So that's what we have to look forward too?
Would be nice to think that once it became apparent that the (Caliber) front end components would not stand up to Jeep 4x4 demands that they would offer stronger replacement parts.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I spotted my CV leaking when I did my last oil change. I had the dealer replace the long shaft under warranty. I had the front struts checked while getting new snows installed. Everything else looks good and tight. touch wood so far on the front end. But if the new parts are of poor quality. Where to go....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts