My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have heard it several times now, when making full turns, hear almost thud/crunching type noise, that seems to come out of the front end around the tire area, usually from the left side...any ideas?(going to dealer on thursday to get it checked)....only have 2650 miles on it!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it seems to make the noise (as far as i have noticed so far) only in/on part of the road i travel everyday to work, trying to see if it does "the noise" anywhere else

·
Registered
61 Posts
If the noise you hear when you are making a full to the right or left turn, I hear it too. It sounds like a tire rubbing on something to me. Is this what you hear? I will mention it to my dealer when I go in for the first oil change. Our steering wheel is not positioned right and they are going to fix that at the same time.
I hope this noise we hear is what you mean, let me know.

farout

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i cant really tell if it is a tire rubbing, but seems to be on right turns, let me know what your dealer says, i'm going to my dealer in two weeks and see what they have to say about it

·
Registered
31 Posts
if you have the 18''s it might be the tires cause that happens to me too....

·
Registered
31 Posts
hahaha nice...that always happens, you have a noise you take it to the mechanic and the noise goes away even before he checks it :x i hate it!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts