My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks! I have a question, specially for those in States or Provinces requiring front license plates.

Did your Compass come equiped with some sort of bracket/support/holder for a front license plate?

The reason I ask, here in Oklahoma a front plate is not required yet as I went to remove the dealer installed advertisment from my Compass, I discovered they screwed it directly into the front bumper/cover! You might say I'm a little upset!

I doubt I'll be able to get them to replace it. The front is plastic so it really cant be repaired. I'm wondering if there is a factory bracket that I can get them to install.

Any advise/options would be appreciated!

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is a factory bracket as I have one holding the front plate on mine here in Wisconsin and I believe the holes in the bumper are there from the factory. You could try to cover the holes with plastic body panel retainers from AutoZone or the like. You may even be able to get body color ones from Jeep.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mine does not have any sort of bracket. I'm here in Florida. I did however have to screw holes into my front bumper to hold a novelty tag.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Here in Louisiana, we do not require a front plate. However, there are already pre-planned spots for a front plate/bracket should one be required or just desired for novelty purposes. The Quadratec magazine offers some cool ones for Jeeps.

The plastic bumper covers, however, I already have enough issues with that!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts