My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2011 Jeep Compass and my front windshield wipers intermittently quit working. The rear one works fine along with everything else on the multi function switch. All of the fuses have been checked twice and are good, the motor has been checked and is good, the switch has been replaced and that was not the problem either. Any ideas? My thought is it might be a short in a wire, but am tired and frustrated with all mechanics telling me they have no idea what the problem is.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Well the few fuses as per you owners manual for the various heavy powered items are fused and controlled by the TIPM. Its the box to the right of the battery on the driver side. First I presume the mechanics verified if the motor is getting power. 2nd check the charts for the specific fuse and its ok 100% metering there is power. The majority of device are controlled by that box and its all solid state and programable. I otherwords no relays. It may have been damaged.

You really need an AUTO ELECTRIC SPECIALIZING mechanic shop and not your typical garage as they won't have a clue what is going one on the Compass especially. Without a service manual its almost impossible to trouble shoot other than standard checks as mentioned above.

I can say from being on the forum for some time that its not a common failure so its possible something is being overlooked.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts