My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Frozen Gas Lid

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  BigBlock 
#1 ·
With Driving through the slush and snow the past day. Stopped to fill up to find the gas lid frozen stuck.
Had to take a credit card and pry around it a bit to free it up. So I went around the inside parameter with some chap stick (LOL) all I could find at the time. Hopefully that will do the trick and keep it from freezing again.

#4 ·
I had the rear inside door handle freeze up and stay in the open position after my daughter got out of the car the other morning. Door wouldn't close/latch back in, but after some brief swearing and slamming was able to get it latched, but it wouldn't open back up (interior handle was still stuck in the open position). As I drove to work the handle slowly retracted to the normal closed position over about 20 mins and regained functionality. We've had a few storms this year that snowed and switched over to a long rain followed by immediate and severe drop to negative temps so I'm assuming some moisture got in the latch assembly. I think the gaps around the rear door panels are a bit excessive and allows more water/moisture near the latching mechanism than on other vehicles.

Fortunately is was 8F this morning and no issues.

#6 ·
Its definitely a colder winter this year. I actually like it....my backyard rink has been skateable for all but a couple days since a little before Christmas. Its always funny how the first 30 degree day in the fall feels cold, but by January 10F feels normal for skiing, sledding, skating or even changing out a wheel bearing....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.