My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's how I'm doing for fuel economy. The last two fillups yielded 20.7 mpg and 23.4. That's 17.2 & 19.5 mpg to you US folks.

Edit: The Compass has about 24,000 km on it so the engine is definitely broken in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Our last fill up gave us 20.3 mpg US.We still have under 1,000 miles on our Compass, and the driving was almost all stop and go city traffic, so we're pretty happy campers. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
My 08 mileage so far is running at 12.88L/100KM, or 18.81 US MPG or 22.58 Imp MPG

Engine has 22,000KM on it now, so it is definitely broken in.

·
Registered
84 Posts
23-26mpg so far. I have about 7K miles on the buggy and have been in and out of 4wd mode several time in the last week. Car reporting 24.7 today.

If I use the cruse control and coast down the mountains in neutral I can get as high as 26.7mpg. If I don't use the cruse then 23 is about it. For some reason cruse gains me 1-2mpg....

·
Registered
656 Posts
I don't know how much trust I would have in the vehicle's computer calculations . . . I have been calculating using the actual distance traveled between fill ups and liters consumed.
After 10,000kms my averages are as follows:
20.25 MPG-US or 24.3 MPG-Imp.
11.62 liters per 100/km.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm going to have to verify the economy reported by the car. It seemed like the fuel economy was either better or worse than displayed based on how much fuel I put in. The amount of fuel has been close to what a quick calculation on the miles driven and the reported economy though. I never fuel up unless I have gone at least 200 miles.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Keeping tab on my '07
Almost 11,000km
- running average = 11.8l/100kms.
(that about 19.9 Miles Per US or 23.9 Imperial Gallon)
Btw-You running a CVII?

·
Registered
84 Posts
CVTII is consistently getting 24+mpg US now. (Was 25.4 at the last fill up..) I am getting pretty reasonable fuel economy.

When I add the skid plates and hitch I am expecting to loose up to 1mpg due to the added weight...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm about 4000km into the Compass. My last 9 fillups with the CVTII trans....

24.7 imp or 20.6 us

This is with a light foot. I'm also hoping this will get better in the warmer months ahead.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2007 With 2.4 and CVT
13 litres / 100 kms or 18.2 mpg

I don't know if this is average but I was expecting better mileage...hopefully it gets better when it warms up, even though it is hovering from about -4 C in the morning to around 9 C so I don'tknow how much better it will get. I bought it used with 20,000km's so it is broken in as well.

Should I hope for better or is this about avrage for this vehicle??

·
Registered
84 Posts
That is low. Check your tire pressure and make sure the car has been flashed with the current engine and transmission programming. Also get the alignment checked. (You would be amazed at how much fuel you can eat up between the tires and alignment...)

I run 34psi all around. It drops to 32 at 20F and climbs to 37 at 70F.

I am consistently getting 25-27mpg and my driving conditions are similar to Gonzo's description, just add a lot of pot holes....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah I run at 35 psi all around and I check it every fill up. But I will take it to the dealer and have them check the alignment as well as the engine and transmission programming.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Neely2005 said:
I seem to usually get 12.5L / 100Km. That's All City Driving. Almost 5000 Km on it.

I'm hoping it will get a little better in the warmer weather.
Well with the warmer weather we've been getting between 10.5L / 100Km & 11.5L / 100Km.

That's ALL City Driving.

About 13000Km on the Compass now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Since May I am now averaging 10.76L/100 or 26.31MPiG or 21.9 MPG.
That is city/highway combined about a 60/40 split.

Its better, but I am still not overly impressed. Not nearly what was advertised for it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
After 2000 km I am getting 9.2 ltrs/100kms or 25.3 MPG........
I have had it down to 8.7 ltrs/100kms
That is with the 2.0 and the C.V.T. combined Hiway & City
I knew I was not going to get the posted 7.3 hiway and 9.0 city but the eco-auto rebate will buy me several tanks of gas.

:lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts