My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Winter Upon us now and the Cooler Temps setting in. The Wife had noticed the Fuel Mileage was down on the Compass, I do know I loose about 75 km's on average to a Tank during the colder part of Winter. I changed the Spark Plugs ( Originals ) speedo just turned 80,000... Changed the Air Filter. Now my question how often should the Fuel Filter be changed ?? Can't remember if in fact the Fuel Filter was automatically changed when Compass was in for it's scheduled Warranty checkup....... One finally query ?? Doesn't the Oil Companies use a Winter Blended Fuel once the colder climates come ??

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Can't remember changing any fuel filters on any cars I had..........and as for the oil company............they really don't car about your climate or adding stuff in their gas......I believe it's only a marketing gimmick to jack up the price even more........

My 2 cents............. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't remember changing any fuel filters on any cars I had..........and as for the oil company............they really don't car about your climate or adding stuff in their gas......I believe it's only a marketing gimmick to jack up the price even more........

My 2 cents............. :)[/QUOTE

I suppose it depends on where the Filter is actually located....Just the effort to remove & replace....... 10 - 4 on the Marketing Gimmick. Remember now we have to be Politically Correct . The Federal Senate has voted to drop the Penny so therefore Your 2 cents when you figure in the cost of making a penny puts it at 3 cents tipping the scale to a " Nickels Worth ". Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
LOL HighwayNine, adjusting for inflation eh, so now what used to be a cheap .02 is now a pretty expensive nickel lol. As for the different fuel in winter, yes, there are winter blends, even here in LA, basically just a bit more ethanol than what's used for the summer, which will affect your fuel mileage. Check with your service department to see if they changed your fuel filter, but they can give you Chrysler's recommendation for when it needs changed. :)

- Cherokee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts