My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That time of year , Cold Temps and Road Conditions putting us on our Toes. The Wife had mentioned poor Gas Mileage, so with 80,Th'nd showing on the Speedo I changed the Spark Plugs , replaced the Air Filter. I'm wondering about the Fuel Filter ?? An Uncle said " If it's not Broken don't Fix It " I don't run the Tank dry but I quit often have the Low Fuel light come on since I'm an easy commute outside the City and the Canadian Tire on the way home sells the Cheapest. The Don't Touch It comes from the Labour Involved with Removing the Old One and Putting a New One in......... Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
A lot of things can contribute to bad fuel mileage, most noticeable, especially in the winter is the different blend of fuel used in the colder months. Your owner's manual should mention at what mileage the filter should be changed, but it might not be a bad idea considering that running it down until the light comes on increases your chances of picking up the dirt and junk that may be at the bottom of the tank.

- Cherokee

1 - 2 of 2 Posts