My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello how are is everyone today I'm just throwing out there how any one with a 2018 compass how your mileage

·
Registered
47 Posts
My kid gets just over 18 in his. But it has been colder than cold here, and he let's it idle a ton. I have a little tracker in his car and it tells me his idle time. Last month he averaged 31% idle time. Hopefully (for him since he pays his own gas) it will go up a bit once it warms up..

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yeah its still winter in Minnesota here, via remote start I am probably averaging 40% or more as just idling/warming up because I don't want to get into a bitterly cold vehicle. Still getting around 19 per tank despite all the idling. I too expect it to jump back up this summer when I am no longer running it for 10 minutes before driving 10 minutes to work, and also the crappy winter blend fuel will get phased out in the spring and that always helps around here too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
same as above, i auto start every morning, and usually every night when i leave work due to the cold.

I get 18-19mpg mixed highway/city. Not super impressed, but hoping it balances a bit by spring/summer

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah its still winter in Minnesota here, via remote start I am probably averaging 40% or more as just idling/warming up because I don't want to get into a bitterly cold vehicle. Still getting around 19 per tank despite all the idling. I too expect it to jump back up this summer when I am no longer running it for 10 minutes before driving 10 minutes to work, and also the crappy winter blend fuel will get phased out in the spring and that always helps around here too.
I'm in in MN too. It's been too cold this winter..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice and warm here.
Almost all city driving though, with a 4x4 limited.

Getting about 25mpg right now average.

No remote starting.
Minimal idling (my wife leaves the start/stop on for the most part)
No AC running.

·
Registered
831 Posts
dannydeez said:
Don't bother to search or anything.
lol, yeah I thought about being that guy, usually I am the first person to jump down the poster's throat for starting yet another thread on something already covered but I guess I've just thrown in the towel. Years of seeing it over and over again on forum after forum, its an un-winnable battle.

He is right though OP should have easily found and been able to post in one of the 2nd gen MPG threads we already have. If our mods were more active they would be merging this.

·
Registered
134 Posts
lol, yeah I thought about being that guy, usually I am the first person to jump down the poster's throat for starting yet another thread on something already covered but I guess I've just thrown in the towel. Years of seeing it over and over again on forum after forum, its an un-winnable battle.

He is right though OP should have easily found and been able to post in one of the 2nd gen MPG threads we already have. If our mods were more active they would be merging this.
Yea I agree. No matter which forum, theres always someone (usually multiple people) who post threads that are already started. Mostly I stay quiet because its like talking to a wall, but the other post was literally 10 posts under this one. Kinda hard to miss.

OP, or anyone else wondering why we care.. Multiple posts add clutter to the forum, and spread information out instead of keeping it in one database for future/current reference.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Over 20,000 miles on my Trailhawk. I have kept a fuel log since day one..
With a lot of cold winter driving my overall average for those 20,000 plus miles has been 25.4 MPG
My worse tank of fuel was 19.6 and my best has been 32.2 MPG, I drive 90% state highways 55mph to 70 mph.
Cold air, winter fuel blend and wind, and I am running dedicated snow tires. All this effects this vehicles MPG greatly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts