My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeep Compass 2007 limited 2.0 D has been at the dealership for 8 months this year in total. 3 months for differential replacement and long waiting periods for parts. Once repaired not a month later the cam belt broke and 5 months later waiting for parts (I know this sounds unbelievable) . Received the car this week and was jerking uncontrollably with the service light on. Back to the dealership the next day only to be told that the car was filled up with dirty diesel. The car was never filled up with diesel and still contained the same diesel as the day it broke down 5 months ago. I was informed that they need to flush the tank only to be informed a day later that they now need to replace the fuel pump and we have to wait for parts again. Can any one tell me if the this is because the car has been standing at the dealership for 5months unattended? :dunno::(

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Diesel does not age sitting and that's not enough time even for gas to cause a problem. I suspect this is out of warranty and I'd look for a good independent mechanic. Further diesel does not get dirty it was when it went in. You should talk to the service manager on this sequence of events. Appalling as it seems it would make anyone question them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts