My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
You would use them if you want your dealership to save about 5 minutes on your change time or you want to save about $12 and do the oil changes yourself. I put one on the wife's Subaru and the thing is awesome. Saves me 10 minutes every change.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been using these for years and think they are great! the reason I use them is so that it prevents any chance of over tightening the drain plug and stretching or stripping the threads. Years ago I had a Saturn that the place that changed my oil over tightened and the bolt fell out, lost all the oil and the engine seized, they did pay for another engine , but it was inconvenient. I even run these on my motorcycle. It makes changing the oil a breeze and mess free in addition to not having to worry about your oil pan.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have used the Fram Sure Drain for years on our PT Cruisers. Fram no longer sell them so I purchased a Fumoto F106SX for the Jeep. I wanted to position the valve lever where I wanted it not leave it up to where the threads stopped it. I am only at 2200 miles and the first oil/filter change is on the dealer. Don't know if I'll have them install it at the oil change or do it when I do my first change...leaning toward waiting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts