My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My background involves once owning a Sport Compact that I toyed around with for eight years and put in car shows. I traded it in over a year ago for the Jeep Compass since I'm taking a break from the hobby for probably a long while. (I have a baby on the way, and just won a bid on a house last week!)

That being said, I still get the urge to tinker with the Compass here and there, and I've also wondered... What would the Jeep look like in a two tone? It's a love-it-or-hate-it look, but I've loved the look when it's done right. So I finally took a little time this morning to tinker in Photoshop and see what I could come up with.

So if any of you guys are into this and want to use these pics to go to a paint shop and have at it on your own Compass, go for it. My personal favorite it the first one with the black on top, red below. But my old ride was black and red too (on the left) so I'm a little biased. :D

If the images happen to not show up, you can view them here: Jeep Compass Two Tones?

·
Registered
381 Posts
The first one looks really good. I do know a guy with a paint booth and a little time on his hands........

·
Registered
142 Posts
You've got a good idea but you break point should be the hood line and the bottom of the c pillar. Then you would only have to stripe the c pillar to break the 2 colors. Try one like that and see how it looks.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have been thinking about this as well. Would probably put a pin stripe on it as well to define the contrast. Would probably also paint the mirrors to match if the upper was painted something besides black. Calipers would have to match as well.

Or maybe I have been looking at too much Chip Foose styling.

Anyway very nice work and concepts Knightfall.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments. As said, some will like the style, others will want to lose their lunch into a paper bag. :)

You've got a good idea but you break point should be the hood line and the bottom of the c pillar. Then you would only have to stripe the c pillar to break the 2 colors. Try one like that and see how it looks.

I wouldn't say it should be this way, but I dare not say this looks bad either. I like this just as much actually. It's just a matter of taste of course.

Definitely easier to paint though. Good call there.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Two tone . . too much.

I love it!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In your very first photo looks like you photoshoped the door ditches out as well. I like the cleaner lines on the doors as a result.
Yeah, I did. But I didn't keep doing it because I wanted to give ideas what a simple paint job could do to improve (or worsen if you hate this) the look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts