My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after our wedding in April i'll start to do some mods to the Compass, as we'll likely keep it until we get residency sorted (12-18 months). I have a photoshop mock-up but i'll just list them for now :)

• Mopar hood deflector/bugshield
  • Weathertech in-channel vent visors
  • Custom waistline vinyls w/ Jeep and Mopar logos (charcoal)
  • Paint stock rims charcoal
  • Paint chrome grille inserts charcoal
  • Mopar/Thule roof rack cross bars (want Whispbar flush but don't fit)
  • Thule Boxter or Atlantis roof box
  • Thule faring if needed
  • RRO Super Sliders
  • D ring tow loop for hitch
  • 2x 5 or 6" HID spots for grille
  • 2x 6 or 8" LED lightbar for lower bumper
I probably won't get the RRO lift because then i'd want new tires and rims!!

Thoughts? What's everone else planning? I'll add the pic if anyone wants to see...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so here's the image (the upload is a bit low res though) - its a little rough but gives the overall idea. The sliders don't show too well because they're in shadow! I'll do a rear end mock-up one day soon though. Also is a crop of the plan for my vinyl.

What I'll also have to do if I do the spots is replace all the rugular bulbs with HIDs

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
What is the process to install both sets of lights and how difficult is it? Would LOVE to do that with my car. Excepet the bottoms would be colored for EMS (I am an EMT). Thank you!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly I don't know yet, I haven't looked into it, this is just to see how it might look. Maybe mowgli can give some advice if he sees this?

For mounting the uppers I'll need special brackets that clamp inside the narrow vent below the grille, for the lower ones the fascia may need to be cut away to make room

·
Registered
78 Posts
Is the wiring complicated? If you could give me a basic outline to do it. Im currently pricing both types of lights. Thanks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Bedevil79 - like the bottom lights and grille. Don't know about the stripe down the side. But its ultimately up to you.

My future mods are: white light bulbs (should arrive today or tomorrow), put on "MyJeepCompass.com" and "Modern Performance" decals and rear bumper "Compass" inlay decal black to contrast the silver trim but match the black paint. My buddy at work has it on his GTO, I found it on eBay last year but can't find it now. If anyone knows another place to get one please let me know.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
EMS, for the lights I'm totally in the dark (no pun intended) about wiring, should be simple enough for a professional, I'm more bothered about where to put the switch! But if/when I do get spotlights I'll get a shop to do it all. Let me know if you find anything out?

Ronjr thanks for your thoughts; I've been mulling over the vinyl for 6 months or so. I saw a Dodge Charger in my red colour with charcoal vinyls and they were a bit lost on the car, but also in a good way they weren't in your face. I have to find the right grey tone but I do like the Jeep logo being in it - I'll see if I can find a shop to give me a quote for doing it before I jump in!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a quote for the vinyl stripe so should get that done soon!

I found some Plasti-dip at Home Hardware so I'll do the grille and wheels

I decided to get a Rola basket instead of the Thule box, and maybe 2x Dually LEDs for the top of it

:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
BeDevil, I have the lights installed. I can post pictures if you would like. I did not go through the firewall instead sneaked through the driver side quarter panel then sneaked through the door frame and down the side of the car. Not to bad ... looks fine.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BeDevil, I have the lights installed. I can post pictures if you would like. I did not go through the firewall instead sneaked through the driver side quarter panel then sneaked through the door frame and down the side of the car. Not to bad ... looks fine.
Yeah, would like to see it!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump - EMS. Did you get the pics? Which lights did you install?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Lights are in. Pics will be taken tonight. Sorry, I went on a little vacation to Washington DC. I did not go through the firewall. Instead I went through the driver side quarter panel and then by the driver side door frame. actually looks OK.

I installed emergency flashing lights for job at EMS.(Permit I have) haha.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Behind the grille? Looks smart! What sort of cost?

Latest progress with mine, plasti-dip grille and new roof rack cross bars

Vinyl stripe is in the works but they're dragging they're heels, but it's the only place I found who can do it so I'll stick with it.....

·
Registered
78 Posts
The lights are behind the grille. Costs for lights was $90. I ofcourse saved money doing all the labor. But ... did have a friend help. Bought him take out that night, haha. Switch for lights is velcro'd next to driver seat on the left side of CVT stick.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Wheels and grille painted together. Next up (after an overdue wash) will be the stripe, due to ship on Tuesday! More pics in the gallery....

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yess!! That looks so sweet! A very cool looking Compass you have there!

You know, you could tint the tail lights and make it a total beast! Or get the tail light covers, tho that would cost more.

Anyway, looking really, really nice!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yess!! That looks so sweet! A very cool looking Compass you have there!

You know, you could tint the tail lights and make it a total beast! Or get the tail light covers, tho that would cost more.

Anyway, looking really, really nice!
Thanks, I'm liking it too - its starting to make up for not being a Ford Edge Sport yet :)

I'd like to get rear light guards (not tint) but I haven't seen any for 2011 yet, the lights are 1" or so shorter than the 07-10 lights

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Added the Rage Stingray basket today, pretty pleased with it. More pics in the gallery...

Didn't get the vinyl stripe yet, the company backed out because they couldn't guarantee it would fit right! :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts