My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hadn't checked my mileage since getting the Compass until the last time that I filled up with gas. My driving is all in town, stop and go in traffic and I averaged 22.8. It actually was better than I expected.

Over the weekend, gas here in Mpls/St. Paul hit $3.99. We've lived with gas just under $4.00 a few years ago, but over $4.00 is hard for me to fathom.

So today, I went over to the dark side. I feel like I sold my soul to the devil. You see, even though we live in the north, our hearts (my husband's and I), are in Florida, specifically in the St. Pete Beach area (our happy place). So when the BP oil spill happened a year ago, I vowed that I would never, ever buy gas from BP. However, there is a $.10 per gallon coupon on the back of a cash register reciept from a local store that I used today to fill up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Gas here in southern Ohio hit $4.09 today. Sunday it was $3.89. I'm getting about 24 mpg in my 2011 Compass 4x4 with the auto tranny.

·
Registered
176 Posts
In the south, we have $3.69 gas for the most part, I got gas the other day for $3.64 though at a little station. Strange since Murphy's USA (wal-mart :() is usually the cheapest by a few pennies.

I have been averaging about 26mpg. Most of my driving is to/from work on country backroads at about 55mph.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I filled up last Friday (4/22) for $3.719. That was on the Kansas side of Kansas City, Missouri is usually 0.05-0.10 cheaper due to lower taxes.

I don't have a Compass YET, but I'm getting about 23 MPG lately, mostly city in my '03 Accord V6 AT.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I filled up last Friday (4/22) for $3.719. That was on the Kansas side of Kansas City, Missouri is usually 0.05-0.10 cheaper due to lower taxes.

I don't have a Compass YET, but I'm getting about 23 MPG lately, mostly city in my '03 Accord V6 AT.
Well don't expect much better on a Compass. I get 29-30 Hwy but that on a CND gallon which is much larger. From other posts 24 is what others have been getting. Not that good for smaller lighter Jeep. I bet your front end is still original and no tie rods and ball joints replaced. You'll get that joy with these to replace.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well don't expect much better on a Compass. I get 29-30 Hwy but that on a CND gallon which is much larger. From other posts 24 is what others have been getting. Not that good for smaller lighter Jeep. I bet your front end is still original and no tie rods and ball joints replaced. You'll get that joy with these to replace.
Is there evidence of the tie rod and ball joint issues in the 2011's as well?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Not at this early date. The ealier Compass parts were used across a number of different vehicles other than Jeeps by Chrysler. Hence not a Jeep part just used it in conjuction with other existing parts.

The thought is that they may have changed the source supplier or whatever. Even lubricating them before assembly. I looked under one before test driving a while back and could not see any difference though. It certainly is not beefier in any way.

This is from Mevotech website:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Gas here just rolled over to $3.85 for reg 87 octane last Monday. In fact, I went to New Orleans and it was $3.75 in the morning when I left and had jumped .10 just while I was gone. $4+ here we come. :( I can't complain about the mileage though, even in my truck, and much better after tune up/oil/air filter change and throttle body cleaning. I average 16 mpg with mostly highway driving, not much stop and go traffic in my Ram 1500.

- Cherokee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts