My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!
Last year I purchased a 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk and although it’s had a few issues it’s been a great little car.
I’m leaving on a 2 week trip next week and of course a few days ago it start having an issue I can’t figure out. When I first turn on my car the area next to the shifter that indicates what gear the car is in blinks a couple times then goes dark and remains dark for the duration of the drive. It drives normal and seems fine other than that and no service lights ever go on. Its just annoying when driving it in the dark.
Has anyone here seen anything like this before?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I scheduled a service in Turin (Italy) around first of July (the first date available) because isn't too important issue, I will not forget to update with news.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same issue here on a 2020 with 7400 miles. The P blinks red then all the lights on the shifter go dark. It drives fine. I have scheduled an appointment to drop off next Saturday.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I dont know if you got it handled but I took mine in under warranty and they replaced the entire shifter mechanism. Which makes me think it’s not an easy bulb replacement or wire or something.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It works when it wants to. The dealer basically told me unless it is dead when I bring it up there they can't really do anything with it. Funny enough, it worked an entire week before my appointment, stopped the night before, then started again the day of my appointment. The Jeep drives well, so I will just keep on going down the road with it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well I finally went to my dealership today ( Papa’s Jeep) as the shifter lights were not working. I left my Jeep on while I went inside and the shop Forman came out to look at my Compass. He stated he knew exactly what the problem was and pulled my Compass in to take a look. A few minutes later he came over and let me know he confirmed the problem and that there was a bulletin out for the issue. It’s a software issue and all that needed is a update to fix.
He performed the software update and I got my paperwork and was good to go. So far it’s working fine.
Code was stored in Ecu was PO814-00 The TSB is #08-051-20 Transmission range display circuit fault, update was performed and took .2 of an hour to complete. Covered fully under mfg warranty.
Also TSB #18-035-19 rapid response transmitted flash of power train control module was performed. Not sure what that one was but they did it.
While performing update found my drivers door lock faulty and ordered new door lock actuator. While I haven’t had an issue with the door I’m glad it’s been found and will be corrected.
Hope this helps all who have an issue get theirs corrected.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts