My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the Compass forum, I am not sure how to post, so if I did it wrong, someone tell me what I should have done.
DCX is buying back our 05 Diesel Liberty. 30,000 miles and it's been in the shop 25 times in 15 months, for many problems. We have chosen a Compass 4X4 in Light Khaki CVT with the Power Sunroof. As for the rest of what we just are not sure. We don't want the tailgate speakers or GPS.
We have no idea what kind of MPG this gets anyone that can tell us? We are retired and we hope these are as good as the Service managers of three Jeep dealers say.

farout

·
Registered
27 Posts
Today marks three month for our Compass - just over 4700km on it.
and we are very happy with it. Avg fuel consumption seems to be around
10l/100 km, but I have not tallied everything up yet. I'm waiting untill I
can take the snow tires off. We have gotten as good as 7.2, as bad as 16.
depending on where and how we were driving.
Ours sound much like yours - light kahki, 4X4, sunroof, CVT, no speakers,
with the 26E package.

·
Registered
31 Posts
congrats on the new compass...4x4 is nice, i dont have it but im sure the ride is smooth and it drives even better than the 4x2. i would recommend getting leather and the 6 cd indash player...very convient even though you sacrifice the ipod output jack...mileage is good..i dont know in km but im getting 26 average hwy and around 20 mpg city...

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Almost wish I had gone with the 4x4 myself, could have, just wasn't willing to wait months at best. What I wonder is, seeing as how I have the CVT II, now that I have the car, I can see how it could be fun as a standard. Mine is very smooth shifting, but is the manual as well? It's just that most of my driving is in the city, so it can be a real pain. As an aside, my MPG is better than expected. I average 27 city, 29 highway, so I am more than pleased. Gotta love that the car tells me that, without having to set my trip meter to find out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts