My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a hood/fender mounted antenna, that I use with my emergency services radio scanner, and installed it on my 2007 Jeep Compass Sport. However, I didn't realise how tough it would be to find a way through the firewall for the antenna's coaxial cable. Has anyone else had to find a way through the firewall for any reason? Does anyone have a any suggestions how I might get through, I don't really want to resort to drilling. The toughest part is that the end connector that needs to go through is larger than your average cable TV coaxial, about 2-3cm diameter.

Thanks!

CK

·
Registered
27 Posts
there is a rubber grommet in the left side where the kick panel area is kind of high up there if u poke it through there then go under the hood you will find the wire inside the driver side fender then just route it to wherever your antenna is

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had been poking around that area trying to find access. Thank you, I will look for that grommet.

CK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It worked! Thank you! You're right, my arm looks like it was attacked by a bear now. lol

CK

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is the 2007 the same as that?
I'm pretty sure the 2007 has a different layout under the hood. This is for the 2018-2019 Compass. I sort of remember while searching for my access point on the 2019 that you might find yours behind the drivers side wheel well after pulling out the wheel fender trim.... (mopar accessory website and navigate to the trailer wire harness installation).

Mine was a huge mystery. Not a single write up on the entire internet. Hence me dropping my instructions everywhere I can on the Compass forums.

Hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
111 Posts
...This is for the 2018-2019 Compass....Mine was a huge mystery. Not a single write up on the entire internet. Hence me dropping my instructions everywhere I can on the Compass forums.
Well the reason I asked is because this thread was for a 2007 Compass, so your post could cuase confusion for someone with a first generation Compass.

Hence me dropping my instructions everywhere I can on the Compass forums.
I've seen that, but it would be better if you only "drop" them where the instructions actually apply.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts