My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Guys, I am Italian and I am the new owner of a Compass. Just yestaerday I brought my first JEEP and I am really proud of it.
My use will be 60% on the freeway, 30% on snow and 10% on sand , I mean a total of 40% light off road.
Unfortunatelu only today I knew that the interiors are the old design (in Italy the new design is not yet arrived), what do you think?
Can you give me some suggestion on aftermarket products you think are absolutely necessary?
Can you give to me some suggestions on the care I have to have on this nice Jeep?

Thank you and Best Reagrds

A
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Hi!

Hello, Welcome to this forum!

Personnally I don't like the new 2009 interior overall, I went to the Montreal Auto Salon Friday, I saw it and I think it looks even more cheaper without the silver painted parts (center console and doors) and the carpeted cargo floor that you cannot wash using a hose anymore. Ok the plastics look and feel less cheap but damn it's all black and fade... The rounded shape vents vs the rectangular ones and the one piece dash vs the modular one don't fit as well with the exterior in my opinion. Plus I have noticed that the North Edition that was there at the Auto Salon had a cheap black plastic piece above the license plate instead of the nice painted one I have on my 2008, what a shame!

For aftermarket, I think the first thing you should add are the rear mud flaps to protect the painted bumper, Mopar sells the deluxe molded ones for a good price and they fit perfectly and have the embedded Jeep logo on them. The hood platic deflector is also a good buy if you are doing a lot of highway, I bought the Jeep/Mopar one and was disapointed to have to drill holes in the hood to install it, it looks great and stays in place firmly. Last thing, If you have the straight long metal antenna on the passenger side fender like in North America, I would suggest to replace it with a flexible Euro style one, but if I remember well, in Europe you have the nice roof antenna. Unfortunately, unlike its Dodge brother, the Caliber, there isn't a lot of aftermarket esthetic parts available for the Compass yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear Flipper and Dear all, please can you tell me a web address to order the accessories you suggested for my compass? In Italy is very difficolt to find out (at a good price) the original items.

Yes Flipper you are right, I will have the short european Antenna... but probably I will change with the "shark" antenna...

Best Regards

A
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
I bought the mud guards and hood deflector at the dealer... I know there are some websites out there but I don't know about shipping charges to Italy. Use Google.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-compass-parts-accessories/splash-spill-guards.htm
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-compass-parts-accessories/air-deflectors.htm

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/jeep_compass/

You may find answers there: http://www.jeep.it/

You can always look on eBay, there are some Jeep genuine parts selling at fair prices.

Bye.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top