My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Said goodbye to the Compass and hello to a 2018 Equinox. Compared to the compass this thing is bad ass! Turbo engine, so much nicer than then the slow ass engines they put in the compass!

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
mdram4x4 said:
you do know if you didnt like the 4 cyl there is a v6 option

just sayin
There aint no stinkin V6 options for the 2018 Equinox, they get to pick from a few four cylinders all of which are smaller in displacement than ours (but turbocharged), two of their three motors have less HP than ours but they all make more torque. They are not leaps and bounds ahead of us by any stretch of the imagination.

Makes no difference to me, we shop on looks first and foremost and the Equinox does not do it for us. Niknak had the crappy 1st gen Compass anyways so I don't blame him for ditching that, I don't blame him for passing up the 2nd gen Compass either but a V6 Cherokee might have put a smile on his face (you know, with a huge front bumper car-bra cover or something to mask the Cherokee's ugly teeth :grin: )

·
1,023 Posts
Niknak had the crappy 1st gen Compass anyways so I don't blame him for ditching that
I had two Patriots (sister to the 1st gen Compass) we like the first one so much we bought a second. If they were still making Patriots I'd have bought another. First crossed the 250,000 mark, the second is at 95,000 and so far no repairs.

That said, I'm pleased with my new Compass. I hope I'm still as happy after a couple hundred thou.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts