My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came in the mail....$305.00! This on a new 2019 truck that only cost $20K when I bought it almost a year ago. :(

·
891 Posts
In NH we don't have sales or income tax, so property tax foots the bills. Vehicles are property. Registration to the state is only $20-30, but the property tax for the town is huge, though it gradually declines every year as the vehicle depreciates. My bill was higher than yours but I'm not going out in the snow to check the amount.

·
Registered
73 Posts
In PA we don't pay a property tax on the vehicle but do pay a 6% sales tax at the time of purchase. Some cities (Philly) add a 1% sales tax on top of the state tax.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is California...we have to pay for the weather. 7.75% sales tax at initial buy and then the yearly registration which is about 1.5% initially. It does go down over the years but not by much.

·
891 Posts
This is California...we have to pay for the weather. 7.75% sales tax at initial buy and then the yearly registration which is about 1.5% initially. It does go down over the years but not by much.
In NH we officially deny having a "view tax" but town officials are known to assess a home higher because of its scenic location. And I suppose houses with a great view are going to sell for a higher price so maybe that's fair.

·
Registered
910 Posts
My first year tabs were more like $350 here in MN, if you think yours were high you'd hate to see the price of tabs for an "actual" truck costing 2-3 times more than this car ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My first year tabs were more like $350 here in MN, if you think yours were high you'd hate to see the price of tabs for an "actual" truck costing 2-3 times more than this car ;)
Yep...a 3/4 ton pickup here is considered a commercial vehicle. Three times the fees.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts