My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Thanks for the group. Per my site name I have had 2 Compasses. Had my 2008 Limited 4X4 5M until 2016, and had 194,000 miles with only routine and minor repairs. Traded for current 2016 Sport 4X4 5M. Just recently had transmission replaced as detailed elsewhere on this and Patriot site. Manual transmissions are becoming a rarity, and I'd be glad to hear of others' experiences.

Chuck

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hello and welcome! I am also from Minnesota. With proper tires these seem to make a great car for MN winters.

·
1,023 Posts
Welcome!

Indeed, manual trannies are scarce these days. Our 2014 Patriot has a manual. Its at 125,000 and so far no issues except a chatter in reverse. I've gotten used to that.

I also had a 2008 Patriot that went through two CVTs but both were covered under the lifetime warranty. I took that 2008 to 275,000 miles and sold it to a friend last year and its still on the road. Must be getting close to 300,000 miles by now. As you know the Patriot and Compass are siblings. If you do the maintenance these are pretty reliable vehicles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts