My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone. I am the proud new owner of a 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk. My Partner and I picked up our little beast last weekend when we happened upon it stopping at a nearby Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealership to get a couple of other things asked about and appointments set up for a Dodge Dart and Chrysler PT Cruiser. We both latched on to the vehicle, took it for a drive, and left two cars there, taking this one home. This little wagon-ey thing is amazing, and the only thing it shared with the rental penalty box by the same name that I drove for two months last fall is the name. I can't wait to get a few things done to make it ours and take this on a trip to see how it does on a long highway cruise.

As the saying goes, Pics or it didn't happen, right? So.... Without further delay, I'll upload a couple. I look forward to getting to know the group.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
:super: Welcome to the club! That story sounds a lot like how we ended up with our new compass, we were at the dealer for something totally different and ran across the compass by chance, couldn't leave without it!

Wolfy said:
rental penalty box by the same name
:rotfl:

We took ours on a trip to Chicago and back a couple weekends ago and it was great. I was even getting 30 MPG for the first part of the trip but lowered down to 28 due to a lot of hills and increased speed limit. Very comfortable quiet ride.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:super: Welcome to the club! That story sounds a lot like how we ended up with our new compass, we were at the dealer for something totally different and ran across the compass by chance, couldn't leave without it!

:rotfl:

We took ours on a trip to Chicago and back a couple weekends ago and it was great. I was even getting 30 MPG for the first part of the trip but lowered down to 28 due to a lot of hills and increased speed limit. Very comfortable quiet ride.
Yeah, I'm just clinging to 20 mpg in the lovely cold weather that has settled over the area, despite winter gas, and liberal use of the remote start to keep things nice and warm when I get to it. I'm wanting to take a nice long highway cruise just for the sake of seeing how it is on the highway.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Don't forget to reset the MPG counter when you go, it doesn't automatically reset after you fill up with gas (something my old Honda did) you have to hold the OK button on the left of the steering wheel for like 8 seconds to reset the MPG screen or either of the Trips A or B individually. Otherwise you will just keep building an average MPG across all the miles you have ever driven and it will be low for a long time due to the remote starts and shorter trips.

I am only barely getting 21 MPG now, same thing lots of remote starts and winter gas. I was getting 27-28 in the fall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts