My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, today it POURED where I live - like a monsoon had arrived without notice. There were cars pulled over everywhere, stalled out from all the water, and here I come, with my little Jeep Compass, confidently navigating through the lakes where streets used to be. I am now home safe and sound....and thrilled with my JEEP! My previous car was a VW Golf. Rain like that would have left me stranded....Thought I'd share...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I actually had the same thing happen to me last night! Going out in a major storm, it was very flooded on a part of the road....at first I was hesitant, but went through it, with no problem at all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotta admit, I was a *little* worried, being trained by a smaller (ok, smallest!) car prior to this. Trying not to let it get to my head. If this car ever comes out with a larger engine, I'd be STOKED...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Jeeps are great for this. My wife has a Jeep Liberty which is trail rated and I've been through several 2 foot deep streams as well as accidentally driving through a foot and a half of ocean :).

While not nearly as high, I'm confident I get through quite a lot in my Compass!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Gotta admit, I was a *little* worried, being trained by a smaller (ok, smallest!) car prior to this. Trying not to let it get to my head. If this car ever comes out with a larger engine, I'd be STOKED...
it won't. next year is supposed to be this car's last year.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
**wimper** I'd better make her last, then....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts