My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the H&R springs on a newer gen compass? I'm think about lowering my 2011 but i'm curious to know how the ride is and how winter handling is.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Bad move in my opinion. These SUV's or so called are not that high to start with neither is the ground cleanance. fI you get any normal amount of snow. The body will be into it as well as some speed bumps around here are higher than others and I know some low riding cars won't make it over without knocking in their rocker panels. Once you start mucking around with that it will void some of the related warranty items whether connected or not the service manager will blame the mod for the failure of fault and you won't get it fixed under warranty.

Good luck though

·
Registered
265 Posts
Has anyone tried the H&R springs on a newer gen compass? I'm think about lowering my 2011 but i'm curious to know how the ride is and how winter handling is.
one winter with that's drop no problem. Some ski trip down to St Lawrnece River(a lot a snow) with no problem! I bought BC coilover from caliber srt4 plateform but fit on compass or patriot.

Now back to stock because I'm looking for Taurus sho awd

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was discussing this last night with my mechanic and I have decided go with the RRO lift kit. At the end of the day, the fact that we can "easily" remove this kit is nice. Also the RRO lift kit is not stressing any of the suspension parts and the fact that Jeep has chosen the same product for its "True North" edition vehicles speaks volumes for RRO.

I'm also going to step up the tire size to either 225/60/17 or 225/65/17.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was just looking at h&r springs for my 07 compass. I have the rally kit on it and I also 18x8 rims. All i'm worried about is the tires I have being too much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts