1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lookin' sharp!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of the bra. It looks good but i've seen too many of them rub through the paint down to bare metal. Looks sharp on the black.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Bra damage

I'm not a huge fan of the bra. It looks good but i've seen too many of them rub through the paint down to bare metal. Looks sharp on the black.
I had one on a Black BMW, after a short while the mosture caused a hazy appearance to the paint that still showed after a hard compounding.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I wonder if a coat of 3M clear paint protector would help as extra protection. I'm not sure how durable it is but it may help for the unexpected times when it rains and rubbing from vibration.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How did you tint the windows? Should I take it to have it professionally done or are there tint kits that work well? And how much do both options cost? I just want the front windows to be tinted. Not a big fan of clear windows.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's been my experience that the tint kits only work well if the installer knows what they are doing. The best bet is get it done professionally and make sure they waranty the work against bubbling and peeling.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I installed a 3M clear bra myself. I am sure a pro could have done better but I saved about $300. I bought the kit on e-bay for less than $50.

My last sports car was purchased used with about 3,000 miles on it. The previous owner had installed a removable bra and had managed to damage the paint in two places in that short period.

Found the bra in the trunk and installed it myself. I decided that the bra was poorly designed and removed it promptly and tossed it in the trash. The damage to the paint was caused by the strap attachment points.

Keep us posted on how yours is working for you 09.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the comments, I did have the front windows done by a pro tint shop, but even they had to redo the windows from scratches to both windows from tucking the film on the bottom of the window. And then he had to do the drivers window again because of a quarter size set of small bubbles that you ended looking at every time you went to look at the mirror.:eek: But third times a charm, both look great. My advice is offer them $20-$40 more than they are asking for the tint job, but you want them to use the money to take their time and be extra careful of the dust issue. The cost was only $60 for the front windows, but I wish I had given him the extra $20 in the first attempt to tint them with the take your time please talk.:cool:

·
Registered
280 Posts
hmmm this is good advice. thank you!

And 09Compass2.4 you are from Coventry? I'm in CT, too. Where did you get your tinting done? Or do you recommend any place closer to NY? Just thought I'd ask...
HA how many CT people are here? I'm from southbury! :cool:

·
Registered
193 Posts
yup they can do that, i had one on my 2001 cavi when i bought it and left it on for two years and the paint underneath was a differant color than the rest of the car.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I say............they (you figure it out) always look better without a bra anyway....... :)

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I say............they (you figure it out) always look better without a bra anyway....... :)
LOL! I agree, though, I never was a fan of those, either, but to each their own. :)

- Cherokee

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.