My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working the night shift Tuesday Night/Wednesday Morning when a hail storm came through at about 2 a.m. One of my fellow nurses told me to come in a room that she was in, and pointed out the hail pelting the window.

My 5 week old JC with 900 miles on it was in the parking lot. When we got off work, a couple of us who were parked by each other checked our vehicles, when were wet from the rain that continued throughout the night. Initally, it looked like no one had any hail damage. However, in the late afternoon, I inspected my vehicle, and I do in fact had a number of small hail dents on the roof and the hood.

Just our luck, this is the first vehicle that we've purchased since 1989.

We're waiting for our insurance adjuster to come out.

I saw on the internet where you can remove hail dents with dry ice and a hair dryer. Has anyone had any experience with hail dent removal?

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
What a bummer............it happenned to me some 30 years ago..........but it was on a used car..........let us know !

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Oh does that suck! I had just bought my truck when we had hail while I was at work, thankfully no damage, though. I do know they have paintless dent repair, you might check with some local body shops in your area and see what they can do, but good luck and be sure to keep us posted!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally, today my insurance claims adjuster came out and gave us an estimate on the repair. Suprisingly, he estimated 115 hail dents on the hood, and 130 on the roof, along with a handful of other dents on the doors, fenders, etc. The estimate came out to over $2300.00. We have a $500.00 deductible. I am having it repaired at a body shop in the neighborhood and the earliest I can get it in is 2 weeks from today.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Geez, the damage sounds pretty extensive! Sure hope they do a good job for you though and you get it back in good time!

- Cherokee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts