My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm looking to replace my stock headlight bulbs with halogen ones. Does anyone know of an online guide on how to replace them myself? I have the bulbs, I'd just rather not pay someone $75 to replace them.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
What I take you to mean is changing them out to HID's? Your stock bulbs are halogens, but HID's are a halogen to Xenon conversion. What bulbs do you have?

- Cherokee

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mowgli, I got the lights and installed them.

I then found the hi beam was lower than the low beam.

I complained and I have another set coming. I put the old ones back in for now

More later.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Did they seem to give you more light output?

On my side, HID & Compass don't really like each other. I am trying a couple of things to make them work. I am waiting for my canbus canceller. I ordered some tinted films for my headlights & flashers and some blue film for my fogs.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I received and installed my xenon bulbs. It seems to be wired properly.

Good whiter light, just tested in my driveway so I didn't see the improvements when driving at night. One high beam doesn't work also, so I contacted the seller.

Good alternative to HID but it won't last long on my Jeep! HID's are coming! :p

Remember that those lights last for about one year and half though!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mowgli,
I gave up and got a set of Sylvania's last night at Canadian Tire.

They are brighter than all the lights I tried. Gave them a good test this morning.

Spotted a deer that my other lights would only picked up when I was very near it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just an update, I've finally gotten around to putting in an HID kit for the main bulbs, I'm planning on putting in some for the fog lights sometime next week. Other than that just some tinting and other small exterior features have been modified!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Nice, glad you got it done Evan! Few more posts and we can see some pics! :)

- Cherokee

1 - 16 of 16 Posts