My Jeep Compass Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I can read them. Goong to the LED requires a fair bit of re-wiring, plus the addition of a module. The LED signal comes from the car's computer, and that wire needs to be added (among others). Which now also begs the question will the module even be sending a signal out to turn them on?

If you are going to wire this OEM, then this is alot of work. I have done stuff like this alot on other cars, but I'm not willing to put this much money and effort into a Jeep Compass. For those that want to do it, I am willing to guide you. If you want to power it all up by tapping into other areas, sure, but make sure you know what you're doing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I can read them. Goong to the LED requires a fair bit of re-wiring, plus the addition of a module. The LED signal comes from the car's computer, and that wire needs to be added (among others). Which now also begs the question will the module even be sending a signal out to turn them on?

If you are going to wire this OEM, then this is alot of work. I have done stuff like this alot on other cars, but I'm not willing to put this much money and effort into a Jeep Compass. For those that want to do it, I am willing to guide you. If you want to power it all up by tapping into other areas, sure, but make sure you know what you're doing.
The question is what is the difference between the premium package and the base package? Don't really care that the LED has a different module as I'm not looking to do an OEM swap.

I think that's why a lot of people can do this swap directly with the halogen premium package but some of us can't because we have the base halogen package and it really messes up the system.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The question is what is the difference between the premium package and the base package? Don't really care that the LED has a different module as I'm not looking to do an OEM swap.

I think that's why a lot of people can do this swap directly with the halogen premium package but some of us can't because we have the base halogen package and it really messes up the system.
I, for example, have a Canadian 2017 with bi Xenon HID head lamps, so I have the module in question. The only thing I am missing is the wire that goes from the head light straight to the car's computer. And maybe that wire is there already, so I could probably get away with a straight swap, but with a base, there is alot to do. Even premium Halogen has a number of differences in wiring, and you need that module to control for the HIDs.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I, for example, have a Canadian 2017 with bi Xenon HID head lamps, so I have the module in question. The only thing I am missing is the wire that goes from the head light straight to the car's computer. And maybe that wire is there already, so I could probably get away with a straight swap, but with a base, there is alot to do. Even premium Halogen has a number of differences in wiring, and you need that module to control for the HIDs.
I'm sure that module is needed if you are not using a aftermarket option. I don't think I need to have that module because I'm not going to do OEM. It seems like the swap is possible with the eBay aftermarket ones that I have without that module. Based on the posting from that one person and also from what I'm seeing overseas. but I could provide power to everything I'm sure I can make it work. Or at least it's worth a try.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone know what is that LED control signal ?
I have the OEM HID assembly and trying to swap the halogen assembly. I tested the stock plugs and the HID worked as the pins for the headlight are same.
I thought all I needed was to tap into the existing parking lights.
The relays in the premium system is fine and we can have that as well as an after market setup.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I just plugged the stock ( Base Halogen) connector to this OEM HID assembly. Both Low and high beam worked.
The parking light did not as expected. Not sure if the marked area ( strip) is the DRL ? or does it even lit up ?
I know even for HID lights, the DRL is the same at the bumper ( yellow colored) so why would they even have duplicate DRLs ?

·
Registered
154 Posts
That LED strip is just a signature light. It is not meant as a DRL. The signal for the signature light comes from the car's main computer (Body Control Module) from connector 5 - pin 40.

·
Registered
33 Posts
TAKE A LOOK CAREFULLY AND YOU WILL SEE THAT RELAY IS CONNECTED IN ONE SIDE TO BCM AND OTHER SIDE TO HEADLIGHTS. take a look where goes letter "A" from relay module

61 - 80 of 100 Posts