My Jeep Compass Forum banner

81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I believe that LED control signal its a power for OEM HID led strip
Alright. So they should be ON always with the parking lights in our swap scenario as we will be using pin 5 and 9 to connect to the existing parking lamp.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The main benefit of installing a relay harness is that it can help to provide a regulated flow of energy to your HID headlights. By regulating current and drawing power from the battery, a relay harness can help prevent damage to your HID lighting system as well as the car itself. It can also fix many common problems, such as flickering lights, headlights that don't turn on, and lights that draw too much or too little power.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The main benefit of installing a relay harness is that it can help to provide a regulated flow of energy to your HID headlights. By regulating current and drawing power from the battery, a relay harness can help prevent damage to your HID lighting system as well as the car itself. It can also fix many common problems, such as flickering lights, headlights that don't turn on, and lights that draw too much or too little power.
Yes, I have some knowledge about the relays and I have installed them in my other cars as well. You're right when you said "regulated current". That's the reason, I was getting a little flickering. When the ballasts are fired first, they draw too much current and the relay is definitely required then.

At this point, I am almost certain its a doable project. I also ordered the plugs that you quoted earlier and they are delivered to my place today.
so I have almost everything that I need to complete this except time :). I will be on a vacation till Feb 15th and until then I'll just enjoy someone else's achievement here. Cheers and good luck :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
So going from halogen to HID:

on the connector to the headlight (left side)
pin 2 - leave alone
pin 1 - insert relay. Relay wired to fuse F03 (20amp) and a ground
pin 3 - leave alone
pin 7 - leave alone
pin 10 - ground - not needed
pin 9 - wire up to Body Control Module connector 5 pin 40
pin 8 - goes to Body Control Module connector 4 pin 14 - remove

May want to double check what I have.

If you have the bi xenon HID without the signature LED, I think that it is plug and play.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So going from halogen to HID:

on the connector to the headlight (left side)
pin 2 - leave alone
pin 1 - insert relay. Relay wired to fuse F03 (20amp) and a ground
pin 3 - leave alone
pin 7 - leave alone
pin 10 - ground - not needed
pin 9 - wire up to Body Control Module connector 5 pin 40
pin 8 - goes to Body Control Module connector 4 pin 14 - remove

May want to double check what I have.

If you have the bi xenon HID without the signature LED, I think that it is plug and play.
If you're only using an aftermarket HID, I dont think you would need anything than a relay to connect to pin 1. Rest of the pins would stay AS IS.
The existing plug to the headlight is only for low and high beam. So you would want to connect only pin 1( via relay) and pin 2. ( apart from the existing grounds)

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you are going OEM, as I am under the impression that everyone here is, then, these are the changes you would make to get the signature light to work and keep the wiring as Jeep has it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you are going OEM, as I am under the impression that everyone here is, then, these are the changes you would make to get the signature light to work and keep the wiring as Jeep has it.
I would put it like this based on the stock and HID connectors pin diagram. All I will do is tap into the existing 4 pins connector ( Halogen base connector) and Parking lamp connector.
1- Relay- Existing connectors Pin 1
2- Existing connector Pin 2
3- Ground ( Existing Connectors pin 3)
4- Do not connect
5- Existing Parking Lamp Positive ( New HID premium light Parking light)
6-Do not connect
7-Ground
8- No needed or Existing Parking Lamp Positive ( Not sure what this pin is)
9-Existing Parking Lamp Positive ( Probably this is signature light)
10- Ground

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'll see if I can also get the wiring diagrams to the rear LED tail lights, if anyone is considering doing that swap as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes please!!!! Tail lights look easier. Probably need to use AlfaObd only but it will be nice to have a chance to take a look on diagram

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
The 1st post explains that I am doing the aftermarket bi-xeon. So I need help with that ?

I think I just need to make an adapter for an OEM LED connection pins and I should be good.

Everyone is doing gods works in this thread!

Thank you all.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I'll see if I can also get the wiring diagrams to the rear LED tail lights, if anyone is considering doing that swap as well.
Those are very hard to find. The best reason to find that wired diagram is so that people can use Canadian and international tail lights for if they want a tail light yellow blinker indicator. Instead of just our brake lights blinking right and left.

·
Registered
165 Posts
2017 - 2018 Canadian Compasses do not have the rear LED option, nor do the inner lights on the tail gate work for those years.

The 1st post explains that I am doing the aftermarket bi-xeon. So I need help with that ?
My bad. There are 2 threads on this and I didn't bother to check the title when posting all my info. I'll transfer my info to the other thread.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes, I actually did see that Aliexpress had these when I was searching. Way cheaper than used ones off Ebay.

No luck on the programming, huh? That isn't good. It may be possible that the ABS is not programmable and it is necessary to buy a ABS module already programmed. I ran into this problem with my Mustang. Buying the proper module solved it. Who knows.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Rear LED tail light.
I bought it sometimes ago but have a problem to pass proxy alignment on AlfaOBD. Still stopped on ABS module :(
If you mess a lot with alfaobd this starts to happen. I noted this in the alfaobd thread, there is no real reason why this happens yet. I think it has something to do with software and how ours can't fully reset the system. If you get your system reset by the dealer it will help a ton. That is what happened to mine when I got my trailer hitch installed. It is proxying great now but before that I was scared cuz the last time it took over 20 times for my Jeep to proxy.

Do it very little, playing with it and moving options just to test isnt a good option.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Yes, I actually did see that Aliexpress had these when I was searching. Way cheaper than used ones off Ebay.

No luck on the programming, huh? That isn't good. It may be possible that the ABS is not programmable and it is necessary to buy a ABS module already programmed. I ran into this problem with my Mustang. Buying the proper module solved it. Who knows.
2017 - 2018 Canadian Compasses do not have the rear LED option, nor do the inner lights on the tail gate work for those years.

My bad. There are 2 threads on this and I didn't bother to check the title when posting all my info. I'll transfer my info to the other thread.
Jim your good your giving a lot of great info, I believe your info and work will help us with base harnesses be able to make adaptors for the aftermarket bi-xeons as well. Since we basically need the same pin connectors and power to those connectors but most likely not the module.

·
Registered
40 Posts
In used bluetooth OBDLink MX and android version of AlfaOBD but bluetooth interfaces are not recomended. Sometimes works sometimes not so I bought USB STARDIAG interface and PC version of AlfaOBD. I hope it will work.... didnt try yet.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
In used bluetooth OBDLink MX and android version of AlfaOBD but bluetooth interfaces are not recomended. Sometimes works sometimes not so I bought USB STARDIAG interface and PC version of AlfaOBD. I hope it will work.... didnt try yet.
I use the OBD link MX and Bluetooth with my Android phone as well. Have no problems now since the full reset on my system like I stated above.

It fails the most at that junction of the ABS module. Again, I am the only one that isn't noted this phenomenon in that thread. I have did quite a few modifications switching from a 5 inch screen to an 8.4 and also gauge cluster from the 3-inch to 7-in.

Again to gas but don't really know I think it's because we are not using the intended software to update the system and it's not really overwriting it's just kind of saving settings while the intended software may overwrite the whole system programming every time when they do an update and/or change in settings like my tow module being installed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'll start a new thread on the rear LEDs when I get teh wiring diagrams for them.

If yo guys have Alfabod, have you come across options for turning on the adaptive cruise control or self park? If so, could you post in the adaptive cruise control thread?

Cheers

81 - 100 of 130 Posts