My Jeep Compass Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have done it, pretty simple and i have the stock halogen headlamps, all i did was purchase it. when you purchase they ask you if you have halogen or hid, then they reconfigure the harness and connect to my stock drls and all works perfectly
Link to where you ordered from?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm all set to get my hands on this thing coming weekend and wanted to check any members made any progress on this. Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm all set to get my hands on this thing coming weekend and wanted to check any members made any progress on this. Thanks

I am just collecting all parts need to build harness so looks like next weekend I should to start buld it

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have done it, pretty simple and i have the stock halogen headlamps, all i did was purchase it. when you purchase they ask you if you have halogen or hid, then they reconfigure the harness and connect to my stock drls and all works perfectly
where did you purchase these from? Also,you originally had halogen or LED bulbs?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you mind sharing what other connector are you planning? I bought the ones you mentioned, but seems like female socket is not the right one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You need also pins for both (male and female) connectors:
Mouser # 829-13624983 and #829-13624759-L

·
Registered
38 Posts
WE HAVE 2 OPTIONS. Cheaper and faster or more expensive and safer.
In first option we need just connect aftermarket HID headlight to existing connector and use T-type wire splice connector to connect power for signature light.
Second option need to buy multiple parts to build harness with relay. Second option is more safer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In order to try out the signature led, I just temporarily connected few pins with loose wires. I know the main HID works as the stock connector fits perfectly for low and high beam.
Noticed the pins are little different than the diagrams.
8- yellow parking lamp
5- led light

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is Jeep OEM HID. So it seems both the signature LED and Yellow parking bulb will be ON. That doesn't look good.
I think I will make a minor modification and take the existing DRL signal to power the Signature LED.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts