My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Hankook Dynapro ATM "no go"

6K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  LordReddawg 
#1 ·
I went to town fair tire to get a new set of tires. I wanted a more aggressive tire. I read on the patriot forum the Dynapro ATM will fit. Beware Town Fair Tire says it wont. It will make your odometer and speedometer off due to size difference from factory settings I went with a Mastercraft Anger Touring. It was has a fairly aggressive treat while keeping with the original size of the tire.

#2 ·
Lots of shops are hesitant to install tires in a larger than factory size. The ATM's are a great tire, and come in 235/65/17, they will rub at full lock on both sides, and clearance is tight if you don't have FDII or are not lifted. Another safe option is the 225/65/17 Yokohama Geolander AT/s tires, they will fit a stock compass no problems.

#4 ·
I have 235/65/17 with 1.5" spacers and the RRO 2.5 lift with no rubbing at all and that about the largest size u can put on with a 17" rim and the wheels we have on our compass is I believe is +32 (let me know if in wrong) and a zero offset is about that with a 1.5 inch space on the +32 offset

#5 ·
Thats with a stock wheel 1.5 spacers ha e you noticed any signifigant stress on wheel bearings or any other component.will that spacer put the tire just under flush with the fender well? I put alot of miles on mi e for work heard varyin opinions on spacer safety plus i have a two an 2month old ne change in the spacer since you been runnin on them

#8 ·
I have my OME wheels still on the tires I have on are 235/65/R17 (29 inch) with 1.5 spacers and 2" inch RRO lift with the spacers there flush with my fenders there about as big as you can go on the compass maybe in future someone come up with another mod to get bigger with out alift 225/65/R17 (28.5) with the spacers be good enoff

#9 ·
Those should would when u input the info to buy thme put the 2011-2015 they might not have the info yet for ur year I have a 2014 but I had to buy ones for a 2013 but 67.1 hub 5x5.114 (5x4.5)bolt pattern is right and I've seen no real wear or tear on anything and I do routine checks I have 20000 miles on it but getting a zero offset is better but cost way more cause u got to buy new rims and tiers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.